• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a Stag Arms lower with a 20" SS HB flat top upper on it. It has a RRA 2 stage NM trigger in it. I was having some issues with the gas system and finally got that worked out and went to test the rifle today. I loaded the mag with 3 rounds and the hammer wants to follow. I took the gun apart and checked everything and it all seemed fine. I loaded 3 more rounds and tried again, same thing. Disgusted I took it apart again. It looks as if there is very little sear engagement and the hammer just wants to follow. I seem to vaguely recall that the RRA NM 2 stage triggers had some issues a while back but can't recall the exact circumstances. I've had the lower for a couple years and put the upper on it last year. I tried to get it to work then but it would fire once and then the hammer would fall on an empty chamber. Got frustrated and put it in the safe. Seems as is the gas block was 30 thousandths off and it was not getting enough of a gas pulse to function correctly. Gas system seems to work ok now but the hammer wants to follow. Any thoughts from you AR experts?

Last edited:

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Take it to a gunsmith, and let him fix it.
    You have got a NFA item w/o paperwprk and are now begging for a visit from the F-Troop. You REALLY don't want that.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Call RRA 309-792-5780 and ask for a tech. They will take care of it for you. More than likely all on there dime ,shipping and fix .

Next time you might try holding the trigger back and working the hammer with your thumb. Should release on first pull ,keep, it held to the rear ,push hammer back to the rear ,should lock back .

Good Luck

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Call RRA 309-792-5780 and ask for a tech. They will take care of it for you. More than likely all on there dime ,shipping and fix .

Next time you might try holding the trigger back and working the hammer with your thumb. Should release on first pull ,keep, it held to the rear ,push hammer back to the rear ,should lock back .

Good Luck

Thanks. I got on the RRA website and sent them an email. I might call later today also. I tested the trigger the way you suggested after I installed it and it stays back fine. But when fired it doesn't work that way. I did a search on the net and there is a you tube video that shows a guy smacking the butt of his gun and the trigger will fall. I haven't tried that yet but might later today.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Call BJ at RRA and he will fix it or give you a new one. The 2 stage triggers a warrantied for life. I just sent in a lower for the same thing and it was done and back in a week at NO cost. RRA has VERY good CS!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Call BJ at RRA and he will fix it or give you a new one. The 2 stage triggers a warrantied for life. I just sent in a lower for the same thing and it was done and back in a week at NO cost. RRA has VERY good CS!

That's great. Thanks for the info I'll do that later today. :yesway:

Edit; Just got a return email from BJ stating to give him a call for return info. Pretty good service so far.

Edit #2; Just got off the phone with BJ and after checking a couple of things over the phone with me he said send it back and they'll fix it. Very nice and understanding guy and excellent service so far. Will upsate later.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Just received a replacement trigger group from RRA. No explanation of other info included, just a complete new trigger group. Thanks RRA.... :yesway:

Top Bottom