• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I have a Colt upper on a RRA lower and I've been wondering is it worth trying to trade off Colt upper for a RRA upper? Would it be technically trading down? I'm just wondering been thinking about putting it in the classifieds for trade but I don't really know the cash or trade value of the upper.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    If it were me, I'd keep them both for the time being. Then eventually trade off the RRA lower and get a colt lower. However, unless you're needing money or have a deal lined up for the missing link, I would keep the rifle whole for now, at least until this panic settles out.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I don't have anything lined up and right now I'm saving up for a super shorty. I'm just wondering is it worth putting it up for trade for a RRA upper I haven't heard anything bad about them, but I also haven't heard anything bad about Colts uppers either. I know they both make quality firearms I just don't know if they are comparable to each other.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What are you going to do with the rifle? If you like it and are happy with the way it shoots, just enjoy it and do not worry what the brand stamping says. I once put a Long action Winchester model 70 into a stock that came on short action Remington 40Xb. A one of a kind but it really performed well, and made some great scores at 1000 yards. That made me happier than any "marks of approval" from a corporation.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Both are very well made and well respected.

I run a Rock River lower and a BCM Bravo Co. Upper, no big deal having a Frankengun, as long as they are all quality parts and yours are.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I've been wanting to go coyote hunting for a while but I was just gonna buy a riser to put the scope on so I can see over the front sight. I figured they were both good companies haven't heard anything had about them. I think as I stands right now I'll just hang on to the upper I have for right now. Thanks guys for the info and help.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I highly doubt you will notice 1 seconds diffrence between the 2 in accuracy, function, or durability.

I say keep what you have and get on the range to get comfortable with it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've been wanting to go coyote hunting for a while but I was just gonna buy a riser to put the scope on so I can see over the front sight. I figured they were both good companies haven't heard anything had about them. I think as I stands right now I'll just hang on to the upper I have for right now. Thanks guys for the info and help.

You dont need to see over the front sight. Typically around 2.5x and above you wont be able to see it anyways. You do need a riser with standard rings, but that is so you can shoot with a comfortable cheek weld.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I've had the rifle for awhile now and I like it and have never had any problems out of it. Just I was thinking about swapping out the Colt upper for a RRA and maybe a little bit of cash get a riser or a scope to mount on it. But I'll keep this one put a railed gas block with some b.u.s. and a scope for those pesky coyotes :)

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    You dont need to see over the front sight. Typically around 2.5x and above you wont be able to see it anyways. You do need a riser with standard rings, but that is so you can shoot with a comfortable cheek weld.

I didn't know that that should help me not buy stuff I don't necessarily need thank 'vette

Top Bottom