• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    What I am saying is a 20" Govt profile Skinny barrel with plastic handguards will have alot more flex and decrease in accuracy vs a aluminum rail system that strengthens the barrel with defined enhancement of accuracy. I have proved this multiple times on both military and civilian ranges. As for the money there is nothing wrong with utg. I have shot 3 rd 2" groups at 300yds and held a 12"x12" every shot pattern on steel plates at 600 yds using 69gr Privi Partizan with a grip pod and utg rail! I would never of upgraded to a better rail but I got a Knight M5 rail new in the wrapper for 50.00. Oh BTW the M5 rail was warped from the factory and required gunsmithing. Im not impressed with the KAC M5.
    IMG-20110419-00138.jpg

If you have 150 dollars to throw go for a better rail if not get what you can. As for free floating a govt profile barrel IDK, its a LONG skinny barrel and I think it would flex alot free floated.

What you are saying may be your experiance but it is 100% opposite the accepted norms regarding accuracy.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    well i actually backed out on him because he was acting kinda sketchy about the whole thing. i asked him about the erosion then he was trying to get me to ship first. it just seemed like a bad idea so i backed out

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    well i actually backed out on him because he was acting kinda sketchy about the whole thing. i asked him about the erosion then he was trying to get me to ship first. it just seemed like a bad idea so i backed out

Well I hope I didn't ruin your deal. But the TE on surplus barrels is a legitimate concern. A gauge cost's 12.00

Top Bottom