Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Anyone have time behind an White Oak Armament barrel or the Rainier Barrels

How do they shot ; grouping's, do they have fliers ect,ect.

Yes I know this leave the door wide open for ,this,that ,but ,if, moon phase's ,this barrel is better than that barrel .

So if you have burnt up some powder ,behind projectile's with these barrel's share some Fact's and Knowledge Please

I'm looking at the 10.5" barrel's

Last edited:

vick1

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Dec 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Have a White Oak "CMP Legal" A2 Upper... It shoots better than me... Only have 500 rnds thru it will probably be selling it, I did not get into competition like I thought I would.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Huh interesting. I wonder.....I wonder if Ranier is doing that themselves, its not a cataloged item for WOA.

I have also never seen a bead blasted WOA barrel before. Interesting.

Pretty neat.

Between the two, WOA is the more .... time tested choice. A staple of the Highpower community.

But, on a 10.5 inch barrel, I PERSONALLY would be less worried about accuracy as I would about durability and would probably opt for something non-stainless and CHF.

But thats just my two cents.... I am sure either will outshoot the shooter eh?

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Huh interesting. I wonder.....I wonder if Ranier is doing that themselves, its not a cataloged item for WOA.

I have also never seen a bead blasted WOA barrel before. Interesting.

Pretty neat.

Between the two, WOA is the more .... time tested choice. A staple of the Highpower community.

But, on a 10.5 inch barrel, I PERSONALLY would be less worried about accuracy as I would about durability and would probably opt for something non-stainless and CHF.

But thats just my two cents.... I am sure either will outshoot the shooter eh?

Any Barrel that wont out shot the shooter is nothing more then a club ,whether it's a Cold Hammer Forged barrel ,chrome Moly Barrel or what ever else it maybe

So do you have time behind one ?

As far as durability over accuracy .I'll take a barrel that will shot a golfball every time @50yrds for say 10,000 rnds over one that won't shot a tennisball every time for 25,000 rnds, Anyday .

I know that a 10.5"is going to be a 100yrd gun for the most part ,and in reality nothing more than a toy .Hell at least 1/8 or more of the powder wont even burn.

I do judge a barrel on how well it shoots groups though,Just my $0.02

Last edited:

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Does White Oak make 10.5 barrels? I ... was unaware of that.
    Called John @ White Oak 309-376-2288

They have made a few of the 10.5 for some dealer's and will make about anything you wont if you order 5 or more .

I looked on there web page and did'nt see them either .

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    My experiance is in talking to HighPower shooters who are buying barrels, I have shot a WOA 20" and it shot fine, but again I couldnt outshoot an Olympic barrel so... take that with a grain of salt :)

Just FYI, the barrel life for that type of shooting is somewhere in the 3k -4k range, not 25K. At which point the accuracy will drop off and it will need to be replaced.

I dont know if your accuracy requirements are going to be that high, but I thought you should know. 25K and 50K are really REALLY high numbers even for the most durable barrel, which SS definatly is not.

They say that mainly what you are buying when you are buying a REALLY high end barrel, is extra barrel life. Pac-Nor and Krieger etc.

I dont KNOW, since I have never sold a barrel to someone looking for match grade accuracy from a SBR before, but I wouldnt think that number would go UP out of a shorter tube.

I dont think I can help anymore, that just exhausted my experiance in this area.

Hope it helps!

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    My experiance is in talking to HighPower shooters who are buying barrels, I have shot a WOA 20" and it shot fine, but again I couldnt outshoot an Olympic barrel so... take that with a grain of salt :)

Just FYI, the barrel life for that type of shooting is somewhere in the 3k -4k range, not 25K. At which point the accuracy will drop off and it will need to be replaced.

I dont know if your accuracy requirements are going to be that high, but I thought you should know. 25K and 50K are really REALLY high numbers even for the most durable barrel, which SS definatly is not.

They say that mainly what you are buying when you are buying a REALLY high end barrel, is extra barrel life. Pac-Nor and Krieger etc.

I dont KNOW, since I have never sold a barrel to someone looking for match grade accuracy from a SBR before, but I wouldnt think that number would go UP out of a shorter tube.

I dont think I can help anymore, that just exhausted my experiance in this area.

Hope it helps!

Where did I post anything about MATCH GRADE ACCURACY from an 10.5" barrel ,Ive shot a Noveske 12.5 @moa though .

The round count said FOR SAY,so I was just throwing numbers out ,and yes I know that around 4,000 rnds accuracy is suppose to start to decrease .But cleaning the barrel ,hot loads ,rapid barrel smokin rate's of fire, all play a role in this .4,000 rnds wont get me through this summer

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have owned a couple of WOA barrels. Both were very consistent,easy to clean and had nice workmanship. And the prices are hard to beat for a match grade barrel.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Where did I post anything about MATCH GRADE ACCURACY from an 10.5" barrel ,Ive shot a Noveske 12.5 @moa though .

The round count said FOR SAY,so I was just throwing numbers out ,and yes I know that around 4,000 rnds accuracy is suppose to start to decrease .But cleaning the barrel ,hot loads ,rapid barrel smokin rate's of fire, all play a role in this .4,000 rnds wont get me through this summer

If 4k rounds wont get you thru this summer, than I will go back to my original reccomendation, a CHF chrome lined barrel. Especially if match accuracy is not desired.

But now I feel like I am going in circles, so...good luck and I hope it all works out for ya! :yesway:

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    If 4k rounds wont get you thru this summer, than I will go back to my original reccomendation, a CHF chrome lined barrel. Especially if match accuracy is not desired.

But now I feel like I am going in circles, so...good luck and I hope it all works out for ya! :yesway:
    Yeah,but isn't it fun to chase your tail .I dont plan on putting either barrel on my SBR build .Noveske is what I'll use .

I was trying to gather info about WOA or Rainier for someone wanting me to build/help them on an SBR .Thats why I asked for FACTS about them.

Also think about this, a golfball is about 1.5" a round/tennis ball is about 2.5" around .So that's 3"and 5" @100yrds far from match grade ,even an Olympic Arms rifle could shoot that :D

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    John made me a couple barrels. One was 26 inches with an extra length gas system for high power matches. I shot master class so any barrel that could not put 88 rounds per match inside of 1 MOA was not accepable to me. Both the barrels he made me easily held that accuracy. He did a good job. John is actually a skilled high power shooter, not just a guy buying and selling on the internet. I don't think he would sell anything that would not shoot.

If High round count is the bigger need, The Chrome lined COLT barrel is a good choice. I have seen a 10,000 round torture test on the Colt HBAR. It had ok, but not true match accuracy when new, but it deteriorated very little after 10,000 rounds of aimed shooting, letting the rifle cool btween shooting sessions. If you rapid fire hundreds of rounds at a time to make the machine gun sound, a assure you the barrel life will be considerably less. Good Luck

cducati

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I've had great luck with these barels on my WOP service rifle.
    1:7 does GREAT at 600 yards with 80gr SMKs! BEtter that I can hold.

Top Bottom