• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Just received more AR parts in the mail, and have a quick question...

AR buffer length doesn't matter as much as weight, correct?

I bought a Brownells A1 Buttstock completion kit, and also ordered a Spikes Tactical heavy buffer.

The Brownells buffer is twice as long as the Spikes buffer, but the Spikes does feel heaver.

The length doesn't matter, the short Spikes buffer will work with a rifle length stock and tube, correct?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I bought a Brownells A1 Buttstock completion kit, and also ordered a Spikes Tactical heavy buffer.

The Brownells buffer is twice as long as the Spikes buffer, but the Spikes does feel heaver.

The length doesn't matter, the short Spikes buffer will work with a rifle length stock and tube, correct?

Length does matter.

The A1 stock completion kit is for fixed stocks. The tube, buffer and spring are not compatible with collapsible stocks.

The Spikes Tactical heavy buffer is designed for use in collapsible stocks; it will not work with a fixed stock buffer tube and spring.

Depending on what kind of stock you actually want, you'll either need to use the Brownells kit in its entirety, or get a collapsible stock kit to go with your Spikes buffer.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Length does matter.

The A1 stock completion kit is for fixed stocks. The tube, buffer and spring are not compatible with collapsible stocks.

The Spikes Tactical heavy buffer is designed for use in collapsible stocks; it will not work with a fixed stock buffer tube and spring.

Well darnit, I didn't see it mentioned on their site that it was for collapsible stocks... It says it's a huge upgrade from Carbine buffers, but didn't say it was for carbine only... Argh.

Might have a buffer for sale... lol.

Going with a Magpul PRS stock...

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Well darnit, I didn't see it mentioned on their site that it was for collapsible stocks... It says it's a huge upgrade from Carbine buffers, but didn't say it was for carbine only... Argh.

Might have a buffer for sale... lol.

Going with a Magpul PRS stock...
    I'll take it !!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well, for those that have messaged me...

I had to call Spike's Tactical anyway, they sent me the wrong engraved ejection port door, so they're sending me the correct door, along with a shipping label to send the wrong door back, and the buffer too, for a refund...

Didn't know if they'd do it, or if I wanted to mess with it, till I realized I got the wrong door, lol.

Top Bottom