• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So, I was going to order a Del Ton Mid Length kit today, but looking online at some forum comments on the big AR forum it appears that even though they say they are shipping within two weeks, some people have been waiting since November and December.

Instead, I opted to buy a Spike's Tactical Mid Length complete rifle. I still have my stripped lower for a future build, of course, but I've heard so much good and nothing bad about Spike's that I decided to start there.

Thoughts?

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Very good choice, I assembled a Spike's carbine a few months ago and the owner couldn't be more pleased. He and I were hitting steel with it at 500 yards, very good quality rifle.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I don't own a spikes rifle, but I have fired a few, I don't prefer them over my LMT, but I won't hesitate to buy one when I start my next build. I think you made a good decision and I'm sure you'll be happy you went that route, not to mention I have no patience to wait for anything in the mail for weeks, I would have probably done the exact same thing.

If I remember correctly esrice and lovemywoods did a really good AAR on a new Spike's and everyone was very pleased.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Glad to hear it worked out for you. Have you considered ordering the parts to build one since you know you have months to wait?

I'm not sure now what I'm going to do with the other lower. I'm trying not to have two guns that serve the same purpose - so I'm more likely to do something like a Grendel upper or maybe a .22 upper.

I've also thought about trying to build one as cheaply as possible, piece by piece, and then use it as a permanent truck gun. So, I won't order anything until I'm sure what I want to do.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I am doing the same thing...kindve. I am trying to see how cheaply I can piece an AR together. Right now I have put together a complete lower for $135 and am unsure of what I want the upper to be (caliber wise.)

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    you said you were looking at a 6.5 grendal build for your other lower. Can someone tell me the difference between that and the 6.5 creedmore?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    E5Ranger recommends DPMS rifles. ;)

:):

not anymore thanks to what you showed me. I cant believe the work they did on that rifle and actually sent it back to the guy like that. I have never had a problem with one, but to me knowing they are willing to endorse that kind of crap work, it becomes a crap shoot on what you will get when purchasing from DPMS. its kinda like a century AK. sometimes they are right on, and sometimes they are pure crapola and wont stand by their work. not worth the chance to buy one new at least.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    :):

not anymore thanks to what you showed me. I cant believe the work they did on that rifle and actually sent it back to the guy like that. I have never had a problem with one, but to me knowing they are willing to endorse that kind of crap work, it becomes a crap shoot on what you will get when purchasing from DPMS. its kinda like a century AK. sometimes they are right on, and sometimes they are pure crapola and wont stand by their work. not worth the chance to buy one new at least.

you gotta be talking about this:)
    Look @ the job DPMS did on my .30 remington ar - Sniper's Hide Forums

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My first AR was a Delton Mid-length rifle kit put on my EA lower. I haven't had a single problem with it. But since then Spikes has been putting some incredibly uppers/rifles out at great prices. Anything I buy from here on out will definitely be from Spikes.

Top Bottom