• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I plan on building/buying my first SBR this year. It will be an AR platform in .40S&W and will use Glock mags. The reason I want to got .40 instead of 9mm is because I already reload for it and I have plenty of mags already.

Im looking at PSA's Glock mag lower because the price is pretty good (a lot less than the lonewolf) but they don't have any uppers in .40. Has anyone heard if they're planning to offer them? I sent an email and got a generic response about not knowing inventory changes ahead of time blah, blah blah.

Ive seen a couple other companies that offer .40 uppers that have bolts that work with their Glock mag lowers so I don't see why they wouldn't work with the PSA but I'm not 100% sure. I would like a flat top upper because I plan to put a red dot on it (maybe the new one from vortex).

Im open for other plans also as if like to do this as cheap as possible while maintaining good quality. It would just be a lot easier if PSA made an upper for me as their AR9 uppers are very affordable.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Also this is being done as just a fun range gun. I've thought about just doing a pistol but really want to be able to shoulder it.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I bought my 4" .40SW AR-15 barrel on gunbroker and then sent the same guy my factory RRA bolt to have modified for .40SW. It is is accurate and runs awesome!! My lower is a Thompson Machine glock mag lower and I use a Thompson Machine Isis-2 .40 suppressor.

I I still have his email I can forward to you. Send me an email at the address below and I'll forward it to you.

Top Bottom