• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Are there any AR style 12 gauges that are on par with reliability as the go to basic non-AR 12 gauges that seem to be popular? I.e. mossberg / remington 590/870's?

I'm trying to find a good magazine fed 12 gauge to go along with a Shockwave. The Shockwave are fun, but I need a stock to make this a bit more accurate and fast.

Trying to stay under 800 if possible.

As always, any recommendations are greatly appreciated. INGO has never steered me wrong.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    What you just described does not exist, in your price range the A300 is the answer you seek.

Never say never....

Well not with a box magazine..
    But Eugene Stoner applied his rotating bolt knowledge to making a shotgun.

Turns out a 5.5 pound 12 ga shotgun, kinda sucks pretty bad..

It is a marvel of design however. Like the AR rifle the rotating barrel locks into the barrel extension. This enables the rest of the shotgun to be made of super lightweight materials (like the AR-15)

The issue is that at 5.5 pounds, there isn't anything to eat up the recoil.. and its a punishing gun.
    The light weight also really makes the gun like nothing else when trying to follow your target..

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Never say never....

Well not with a box magazine..
    But Eugene Stoner applied his rotating bolt knowledge to making a shotgun.

Turns out a 5.5 pound 12 ga shotgun, kinda sucks pretty bad..

It is a marvel of design however. Like the AR rifle the rotating barrel locks into the barrel extension. This enables the rest of the shotgun to be made of super lightweight materials (like the AR-15)

The issue is that at 5.5 pounds, there isn't anything to eat up the recoil.. and its a punishing gun.
    The light weight also really makes the gun like nothing else when trying to follow your target..

That sounds unappealing at best, my FIL has a aluminum 20ga O/U and at about 6 pounds, even it has more or equal recoil to my 12 gauge o/u that weights 8~ pounds and has an all steel receiver.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Check out the Rock Island Armory VR80. Mine has been reliable for range work. Has decent aftermarket support. Plus you can get 19 round mags! IMG_0608.jpeg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This one runs well for me. Citadel Boss 25. Have to run shells rated at 1300fps or more to get 100% reliability

20210420_205741.jpg
    20210529_192945.jpg

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    What you just described does not exist, in your price range the A300 is the answer you seek.
    That's what I was considering more than anything as I feel like I've seen every sub 800 ar style 12g and most are sub 400 Turkish ones with shoddy reliability. Most seem hit or miss.

Didn't want to spend much more but it's still cheaper than the m4

I really just wanted something AR style because I'm very comfortable with ar controls and the platform.

Top Bottom