• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • black1705f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    I'd definitely try to buy complete uppers and/or lowers or have someone you trust build one. The more Frankenstein it is the greater chance of problems.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    im in the middle of a build myself. i got a stripped RRA lower, trigger kit and magpil acs stock. i like building because i get to put what i want on it instead of buying a whole one and replacing parts. think about what you want on it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm looking for a AR style gun, so here's the question. Should I buy a complete rifle or build one? I'm on a budget. I'd hate ti sale guns to fund the AR. If I built one, I'd have no idea what to buy. If I bought one complete, who has the best gun for the money?

What do you want to do with the rifle?
    What is your budget?

mopar70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    North Vernon
    It would be more for targets than anything. When I'm done I would like to be under 1k. I really want to build it for the most part or at least the lower. I was thinking of going with AN UPPER THAT WILL CHAMBER A 7.62 X 39 So I can afford to shoot it. I will have to build it over time, I'm sure before I'm done I'll have more than 1k in it lol

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I started by buying an AR, then joining the USMC, then bought another, then started building them. I think I've built a dozen now over the last decade or so. And sold all the complete guns I bought.

But when I bought my first, the Internet wasn't an available resource. If you are at all mechanically inclined, spend some time over on ar15.com. There are instructions on putting the lower together. Get a stripped lower, and an upper kit with everything else. Spend some time building and learning how things work together. The second, and subsequent builds get even easier. I think the cheapest I've ever put one together was just under $600. But that was all new parts (stripped lower and upper kit). Of course, that's a basic 20" A2. I've built some that I had well over $1K in too. Depends on what you want exactly.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    It would be more for targets than anything. When I'm done I would like to be under 1k. I really want to build it for the most part or at least the lower. I was thinking of going with AN UPPER THAT WILL CHAMBER A 7.62 X 39 So I can afford to shoot it. I will have to build it over time, I'm sure before I'm done I'll have more than 1k in it lol

For target get a COLT CAR3 ELITE H-BAR with the 24 inch STAINLESS STEEL barrel:rockwoot:You can find some used ones for under $900:twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Top Bottom