• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    So I'm doing an "updated" A2 build, will be using an A2 National Match free-float handguard, KNS anti-roll pins, MOE+ or Ergo grip, so for the most part, it'll look like an A2 on the outside...

Looking at LPKs, trying to decide on a trigger... This is a gift, so going on my best guess: Single stage, but decent enough for light bench work.

All around plinker/target shooter/coyote gun... Also looking to keep the cost down, gut my dealer discount with Midway and Brownells set up, but still not made of money, lol. (So Giesele and Timney are probably out)

Thanks!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Both of those look like decent choices.

The bling wouldn't be bad, especially since it's silver and not gold, that wouldn't sit well, lol.

Is the Spikes Battle good to go without needing the JP reduced power springs (yellow)?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What about Timney?

Or AR-Gold?

Or Jewell?

I've been using Timney but just picked up an AR-Gold. Probably will be installing the AR-Gold today. My initial impression of it is that it is unlike any other AR trigger system.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    What about Timney?

Or AR-Gold?

Or Jewell?

I've been using Timney but just picked up an AR-Gold. Probably will be installing the AR-Gold today. My initial impression of it is that it is unlike any other AR trigger system.

I've been considering the AR gold trigger, let me know how it is, for that money I would rather have someone else be the guinea pig.:D

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    If you are looking for a sweet single stage set up with very little invested, then I recommend looking at this thread on arfcom

Trigger work? - AR15.COM

I did this recently and was AMAZED at the results. The JP springs are very inexpensive and the mods are very simple to do yourself. The result was a trigger with no creep and very crisp. It re-sets like a dream too. It worked outstanding on the rifle that I did it to.

A good after market 2 stage trigger is the RRA trigger group. I bought one for a coyote AR that I am building after handling a couple guns with this trigger installed at an area shop.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have 3.

Mil Spec Daniel Defense in the HD carbine.
    Geissele Hi Speed Service in the Service Rifle.
    Geissele Super Dynamic 3-Gun in the 3 Gun rifle.

Of the three, if I had to choose just one, it would be the Hi-Speed Service.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    i have a few of the AR gold 2 stage. Would not have any other.

Well I've not actually shot mine, but in dry fire practice I'm loving it. If it dries out a bit, I'll be shooting. Its amazingly different/better than any of the traditional mil-type triggers. The same can be said about the Timney, but the more I play with the AR-Gold the more I think its about 2x-times better than the Timney.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I've heard nothing but good things about the RRA stage 2, and the Spikes tactical enhanced trigger kit.

But as good as the RRA 2 stage National Match trigger is, it pales by comparison to the Timney that I use and I have a feeling in real practice the Timney will pale compared to the Pact/AR-Gold trigger.

I have no personal experience with the Spikes. But I've got plenty with RRA 2 Stage and the much superior Timney.

JollyGreen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Indiana
    I'm not up to date on those triggers, but didn't that company go under new ownership? Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard quality control went down as well. I've had no experience with that trigger so I can't say one way or another.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    So I'm doing an "updated" A2 build, will be using an A2 National Match free-float handguard, KNS anti-roll pins, MOE+ or Ergo grip, so for the most part, it'll look like an A2 on the outside...

Looking at LPKs, trying to decide on a trigger... This is a gift, so going on my best guess: Single stage, but decent enough for light bench work.

All around plinker/target shooter/coyote gun... Also looking to keep the cost down, gut my dealer discount with Midway and Brownells set up, but still not made of money, lol. (So Giesele and Timney are probably out)

Thanks!

Go the distance..... buy the Timney....

When giving the gift of AR, make sure you give the very best...

Top Bottom