• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diamond dodge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    I have a suppressor for a 9mm AR15 but when i try to use it on my Beretta 92FS it will not cycle the gun. Any ideas? I have put a 13lb recoil and a reduced hammer spring with no luck. I'm told I need to send it back to the mfg for them to install a booster. Is this correct and will it need to be re-registered?

Thanks

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    which can is it? some cans are still just a bit too heavy to be reliable even on fixed barrel guns like the Beretta. depending on which can it is, a booster may be a user-serviceable installation.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    13 lb is factory weight for the recoil spring, and is too heavy for silencer use. Try 10-11 lb. The can may still be too heavy, but I run an 11lb w my non-boosted can.

-rvb

diamond dodge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Ryan, I've only been able to locate 13lb recoil springs for the Beretta 92FS.

Where did you get the 11lb one?

Thanks for replying to my email.

diamond dodge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Ryan,

Thanks for the tip. I've ordered a recoil spring packet from Wolff Springs that contains 9 10 11 & 12 lb springs.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    which can is it? some cans are still just a bit too heavy to be reliable even on fixed barrel guns like the Beretta. depending on which can it is, a booster may be a user-serviceable installation.
    The beretta is NOT a fixed barrel. It has a locking block.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Beretta 92's are strange guns. Some cans will need a booster and some won't. If you can swap srings in the gun and get your non-boosted can to work correctly you will be better off $$ wise and sound wise. Boosted cans are always a tad lousder then non-boosted cans.

Sending a can back to any 02 SOT (original manufacturer or not) for repair does not include any transfer tax.

Top Bottom