• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Anyone seen one of these? I saw one at the 1500, but the guy was a little high.
    Theyre an inexpensive Hi-power clone...dont look like a bad deal for about $350 seeing as how a two-tone hi-power will run you double.

Just looking for opinions.

God bless
    -Shred

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I believe that Keislers has the Arcus 98 in both the full-sized and compact models for $300 even. In everything I read about them awhile back, they got very good reviews for performance and operation. If you buy the compact version, supposedly Hi-Power parts will be mostly interchangeable, as well.

They appear to be one of those "cheap but very effective" guns coming out of Europe. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I was in the market for a new 9mm.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I looked at them awhile back. Did not seem too bad for the reasons you stated. I dont have much personal experience shooting them. Put one mag through one at a range once. I have heard mixed reviews from owners.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Had one for a few years and regret selling it. Very smooth action, never had any reliability issues with it. My main problem was that the shape of the grip and trigger guard was larger and would not fit any holsters molded to a regular Browning. The grips had the same problem, standard Browning grips wouldn't fit, leaving you stuck with the nubby rubber ones it came with. At the time, there were other comparably prices alternatives and the factory HP's weren't at the stratospheric prices they are now. Now days you can get custom holsters made while you wait, and I'd be willing to invest in some custom grips too. Might have to give Keislers a visit :) Other alternatives you might look for are the FM clones from Argentina which are also available in a regular and compact version, and they conform to the traditional shape. I also have a Charles Daly version, had to replace the slide stop but other than that it's been reliable. Hope this helps.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Wow...this is an awesome site...thanks for all the info guys.

Never thought id be able to mention such a bastardized pistol and people here would have experience with it.
    Either way Im looking into one...Looks alot like the BDM.

Thank you and God bless
    -Shred

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I saw only one at the 1500...and I wanted it, but was looking for a .45...and he wouldnt take any trade on my taurus 85.

Shoulda got the Charles Daly....just like that S&W 645, just like that cheap P220...shoulda coulda woulda.

God bless
    -Shred

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You'll probably find the Arcus somewhat bulkier and heavier than the BDM, but at least it will take standard Hi Power Mags. Charles Daly discontinued their Hi Power in 2006, so they are becoming scarce in these parts too. I paid $380 for one in 2009, which was over $100 more than what I paid for either the Arcus or FM. The CD got a bad rep because it was made from KBI parts, and assembled here. I'm not sure if I did something to bend the slide stop, or if it came that way, but the replacement I got from Midwest was noticeably thicker. Other than that, no problems whatsoever. It's definitely sharper looking than the Arcus or FM as well. They both have rather "utilitarian" finishes. And I totally understand the could'a, would'a, should'a...Last 1500 somebody had a FN Hi Power on a consignment table for $500...If only I'd had the cash...:rolleyes:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I have an Arcus 94 and often carry it. Find it to be dependable and accurate. Also had a CD High Power which also was fine but sold it as I liked the Arcus more.
    The Arcus may not fit all HP holsters due to the reshaped trigger guard.
    The CD High Power has XS sights which have different size dovetail cuts. If you want to change sights, you need to have the slide recut.

If you are around Indy and would like to try the Arcus, send me a PM. Maybe we can work something out.

Top Bottom