• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Have a EATxxx SN that is good to go. The recoil does have some bite for some folks. I had to add a Hogue Handall Jr.

TotinOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Hancock Co.
    I own (and carry) a BG380. My serial# starts with EAK....
    I had about 400 rounds through it with absolutely no issues. Then one day at the range not too long ago, the slide caught on the screw that secures laser housing. The screw had backed itself out and the slide was stuck on it, not allowing it to completely slide forward and chamber the next round. (BTW, it takes some work and patience to "undo" this condition.) Afterwards, the screw was bent. I could still screw it back in, but I didnt trust it anymore.
    After some research, I found this to be somewhat common. There were fixes recommended from others saying to use blue Locktite, super glue, etc on the screw. Some suggested removing the screw and leaving it out saying that "since the laser housing snaps into place, you really dont need the screw".
    Since my screw was bent, I have left it out and have simply snapped the laser housing into place. It does fit in there pretty securely. I have shot only about 200 rounds without the screw and have had no issues thus far.
    BUT, when I carry, I remove the entire laser altogether. I need it to prove itself for about 1000+ rounds with the laser snapped into place (without the screw) before I can put my faith it again for carry with the laser.
    Someday, when I have some spare time, I'll contact S&W and ask them what they can do for me.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    My wife carries one. Only problem we had was after shooting the first magazine through the gun, the laser quit working. Tried to remove the securing screw to check the batteries but the head of it was stripped. Sent it in and they took care of it. Other than that its worked just fine. Really heavy/long trigger, I hate it, but thats one of the things she loves most about it, so Im not worried about it since its her gun

Top Bottom