• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Can't be too careful out there! If I was any kind of cashier I wouldn't even think of working unarmed.

Armed Robbery at Smoke Shop in South Haven

Suspect%203.jpg

http://chestertontribune.com/PoliceFireEmergency/1020109 armed_robbery_at_smoke_shop_in_s.htm

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Ah yes South Haven...the community that nobody wants. Portage schools, Valparaiso mailing address, and police protection by Porter County Sheriff. I have a scanner, and at least half of the calls I hear for PCSD involve this community in one way or another. Armed robbery, just another day in the neighborhood.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The crazy woman my mom lives with said she heard on her scanner that somebody robbed a smoke shop here in St. John last week. hmm

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The crazy woman my mom lives with said she heard on her scanner that somebody robbed a smoke shop here in St. John last week. hmm

Yes, that was right up the road from my Cedar Lake cigar lounge. I was driving to the fencing club in St John and drove past that store right after it happened, the police were rolling in as I was going past the store. 2 hours later they were still out there, searching both sides of the road for evidence using their flashlights.

The guy who robbed the St John store robbed it at KNIFE POINT. He is still at large.

Another guy was just caught after robbing 2 Smoke Shop stores on Main street in Crown Point. He used a pellet gun and was caught a couple days after the robberies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah I heard knife too. It's like a quarter mile down the road from me, we had the fire pit lit up in the back yard at the time. Would have been an interesting encounter if the guy happened upon us. "That's not a knife, this is a knife" *pulls out gun*

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yeah I heard knife too. It's like a quarter mile down the road from me, we had the fire pit lit up in the back yard at the time. Would have been an interesting encounter if the guy happened upon us. "That's not a knife, this is a knife" *pulls out gun*

We had an "Open Carry" night at the Pine Island cigar lounge and some guy walked up to one of the clerks and asked her if she was afraid because "all these guys are carrying guns" and the clerk said "Oh heck no, this is the safest store in the county right now!"

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Ah yes South Haven...the community that nobody wants. Portage schools, Valparaiso mailing address, and police protection by Porter County Sheriff. I have a scanner, and at least half of the calls I hear for PCSD involve this community in one way or another. Armed robbery, just another day in the neighborhood.

Yep. It's the bastard child of the region. PCSD actually assigns an entire crew of officers to patrol JUST the South Haven area because of all the calls. It's the most hated zone from what I've heard. Serves 'em right.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I think things will get worse. I was in the parking lot of a bank saturday in Mishawaka Indiana. My wife went in to make a transaction. The car parked next to us had a white male in the driver seat. I look over to see him putting on a blonde wig and pulling up the hoodie to his sweat shirt. I thought he we go a bank robbery and I am right in the middle and my wife is inside. Felt helpless if something was to happen cause I left my weapon at home that day. As I watched him he was just waiting on a friend who was inside the bank just making a transaction himself. Wow I thought what a bad joke to do in the parking lot of a bank. Never again will I leave my weapon at home.:popcorn:

gregtheplumber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    valparaiso
    oh lord south haven bashing all from people who have no idea...hey guys valpo yes i said valpo has one of the biggest drug problems in the area. sorry to ruin your ideas that south haven is as bad as gary guys but actually its a very safe community. oh yeah the guy that robbed the smokeshop also robbed the zips in portage.....oh god portage i heard they have the national guard patroling the streets....ignorant is what you are!!!!

Top Bottom