• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    I have a guy wanting to trade me for a 45 cal Armscor 1911. I am not finding much on this gun so I was hoping someone could give me some feedback. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I guess it would also depend on what you are trading.

Rock Island's (Armscor) are great guns. I have a couple and love them. You can get a GI model new for $380-$400. A few more options such as skeletonized hammer and trigger, extended beaver tail, and upgraded sights will run $450-$500.

If you're trading a gun that's worth more then you have to weigh that out. If you're gun is worth less, no brainer.

Either way, you won't be dissatisfied with the 1911 provided the current user hasn't abused the heck out of it.

jabean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have owned several of the rock island guns, both combat and full size they all have functioned good but they dont all shoot the best group . overall I think for the money they are pretty good guns

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    As others said its RIA 1911, trade value would depend greatly on the model and condition.

You can grab a new tactical model for under $500...

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Thanks for the input. Went to take a look at it and the guy had beat the crap out of it. Oh well, on to the next one.
    Where is he and how much did he want?....I've been looking at them, great price, and really I don't think I'd be using it for IDPA, or IPSC courses so yeah it's not a Kimber...but...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom