Aspiring makers.... or modifiers... SMOKIN DEAL.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    if you are looking for knifemaking supplies Midwest Knifemakers has their "Box of End Cuts" up right now for $60. last time i bought a box i got 64 sets of scales of assorted materials and colors. PENNIES on the dollar if bought by sets or sheets.

its a $14 flat rate box crammed FULL of end cuts from sheets. sizes that are a little to small to be sold as typical "scale size" pieces. which is 1.5"x5" or so. unless you are making big dogs all day long, alot of these will be perfect!

you will get different materials (g10, micarta, carbon fiber, other man made), colors, and different thicknesses. probly enough to last a hobbiest YEARS.

go forth and build your own gear! and then waste all your money on THAT!

rtm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have always been a knife collector, and now i really want to learn to make custom knifes. Can you give me any tips on where to go to find information, a web site or a book maybe? I would like to see a video of a custom knife made from start to finish.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i put up a fairly decent work in progress not too long ago.... had alot of pictures. no video!

any of the higher traffic knife forums will have a BOAT LOAD of WIPs or question and answer threads.... knifedogs is a fantastic one for MAKERS.... the easiest file i have seen, and its where alot of people start, is whats called the Jonesy Tutorial. i know jerry hossom has/had it on his website.... i thought i posted it here too....

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Here ya' go....

I have always been a knife collector, and now i really want to learn to make custom knifes. Can you give me any tips on where to go to find information, a web site or a book maybe? I would like to see a video of a custom knife made from start to finish.

cubby......not meaning to hi-jack the thread with this. Just a bit of help. And thanks for the 'heads-up' on Midwest!

How to make a custom knife-

How to make a knife - RimfireCentral.com Forums

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    oh, and just so everyone knows:

don't plan on making any money making knives! you ARE going to spend more than you make, if you ever get to sell any!!! LOL! anyone who thinks a hobby maker makes ANY money at this is CRAZY!!!

Top Bottom