• ...and so much more!
  • rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Got an NFA trust setup, bought a lower receiver (looking to build a 9mm SBR) and decided to use the ATF e-file system for the tax stamp. After some false steps, I have to say that the process was pretty painless. The only problem I ran into is that the ATF website has a limit on file size for uploads, so I had to save each page of my NFA trust document as a separate document for uploading (nine pages). Hopefully it will make it through the system before the new rules kick in. All in all, I was generally impressed with the efficiency of their system. Now the waiting begins ... (cue Jeopardy theme music).

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Tried that. When I took it to 100dpi black and white it was next to illegible. At 200 dpi it was legible, but still too big (4.3 MB). It would be nice if they posted what the maximum file size is for uploading.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I submitted a form 1 for a suppressor build yesterday, it was surprisingly easy. I had a "guide" up the entire time and only had to reference it once. For anyone else who may be this in the future, you will need to select manufacture by code and enter FMI (I the letter, not the number)

The following is the guide I had handy: Visual guide: How to fill out a Form 1 using EFORMS

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Tried that. When I took it to 100dpi black and white it was next to illegible. At 200 dpi it was legible, but still too big (4.3 MB). It would be nice if they posted what the maximum file size is for uploading.

That's too bad. I guess it depends on the scanner. Mine is scanned in B&W at 150 dpi and is "crude" but perfectly legible and only 166kb. EPSON Workforce all in one scanner/printer.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    FYI you can just use your phone and take pictures of each page of your trust I went this route and did it all from my iPhone. It came back approved in 73 days but that was last year this time. I have a form 4 and 1 I need to submit and know everyone under the sun is doing it I bet it will be a year wait. In 14 I waited 9 months and that was before the Obama changes.

We all will have a long wait summer hopefully this time next year. Just so long as the government has your 200 bucks your ok under the current rules

Top Bottom