ATTENTION ALL COMPUTER PROGRAMMERS, PLC PROGRAMMERS, ELECTRONICS GURU'S, OR ELECTRICIANS.... NEED YOUR HELP!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I have a friend in desperate need of one of these for a PLC issue in a local industrial automated assembly line.

Screenshot_20230113-041056_Brave.jpg

It's to hook your laptop to a PLC to program it. Its a DS-DCSBL cable with USB connection instead of a pin connection, USB to RJ11 to exact. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Time is of the essence.

If you have one not in use he would gladly buy it from you. If you know where to get one it would be great also.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    That's the one he found but needs it asap. If he he needs to have it couriered he will but didn't know if it might be able to be found locally or in the state. Thanks though :yesway:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I found a D-cable I used to use for plc5 work but it doesn't have a cat 5 connecter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You can also try and serial to usb convert it...
    Or msg the ebay person with the "dire" need...

or call Direct Sales in US and Canada|1-800-633-0405 for automation???

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    You can also try and serial to usb convert it...
    Or msg the ebay person with the "dire" need...

or call Direct Sales in US and Canada|1-800-633-0405 for automation???
    Thanks for the heads up, going to try to make one. If it fails I might try your suggestion. I appreciate it.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Taking a step back.. I looked up the PLC itself. It looks like it has a RS-232 serial port with the phone jack connector. USB can't directly talk to RS-232 so the USB cable you are showing has to effectively be a USB -> RS232 converter with a custom end, rather than a DB-9 or DB-25.
    So it seems you should be able to use a USB to serial converter and then make a custom DB-9 to phone cable with relative ease. I've never had difficulties finding the converters.

For the "dire" need (i.e. right NOW) I have one in my laptop bag you could borrow if you are in the Lafayette area. PM me to work something out if needed.

--Rick

PS. We were typing at the same time. Glad he has it working.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Taking a step back.. I looked up the PLC itself. It looks like it has a RS-232 serial port with the phone jack connector. USB can't directly talk to RS-232 so the USB cable you are showing has to effectively be a USB -> RS232 converter with a custom end, rather than a DB-9 or DB-25.
    So it seems you should be able to use a USB to serial converter and then make a custom DB-9 to phone cable with relative ease. I've never had difficulties finding the converters.

For the "dire" need (i.e. right NOW) I have one in my laptop bag you could borrow if you are in the Lafayette area. PM me to work something out if needed.

--Rick

PS. We were typing at the same time. Glad he has it working.
    He sent me that pic and said he needed it so I just went off what he asked for. Wasn't on-site to see for myself. Definitely appreciate you looking into it further and for the offer to borrow yours, thank you. For now he's good but if he runs into dire need territory again, I might take you up on that offer.

Actually told him to not worry about the cable and that the parameters should be able to be adjusted with the dip switches or potentiometer. Not 100% sure what worked for him but he's up and running now so back to defcon0.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom