• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I never thought this day would come so soon. I'm about to outgrow my gun safe, and the more i think about it, there are many guns in it that i hardly shoot and don't have any real sentimental value. Rather than buying a bigger safe and having to find somewhere else to put it (the one i have is the largest i can put in my walk in closet) I'm debating on selling some rifles and replacing them with barrels for my encore.

I've already got an encore in 209x50 and a few handgun barrels, but no rifle barrels. What degree of accuracy should i expect with the encore rifles? I'd like to be around moa as the rifles i have all shoot around moa, also are there any barrel manufacturers hands down better than others or any to stay away from? My biggest concern is that i'll get rid of some great shooting rifles only to end up getting ones that wont shoot as well as i'd like.

If it makes any difference, the calibers i'm looking at are .243, .270, .308 and 300 Win Mag.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    What degree of accuracy should i expect with the encore rifles?

I'd like to be around moa as the rifles i have all shoot around moa, also are there any barrel manufacturers hands down better than others or any to stay away from?

If you've got a decent trigger (I highly recommend Steve Stratton www.strattoncustom.com ) and have learned proper bench technique for the Encore, most factory T/C barrels will hold 1.5" or better with a decent load.

With a good hanger bar system (see website above), it'll make a measureable difference.

I don't find the Bergara barrels to be a significant improvement over most factory T/C barrels.

For custom barrels, Match Grade Machine www.matchgrademachine.com hands down.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    yup

Thanks for the info fireball, i'll look into those.
    +1 on the MGM bbls. Pricey but you won't be disappointed. Definitely spring for the hanger bar system. You should be able to do better than MOA handily with things like the .243. I had a stock T/C Encore pistol bbl that would do MOA in .243. Should be a piece o' cake with the rifle.:rockwoot:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i had a 243 encore factory barrel that would shoot sub moa @ 100yds (the furthest i got around to taking it). i never got the hangerbar but the bellm trigger was a must

Top Bottom