• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you be interested in a pulled pork, BBQ beans, chips, etc. lunch?

• Total voters

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    At the Pass It On/Outdoor Mentors Atterbury Pistol Event this past Saturday, Brett served his homemade pulled pork and BBQ beans for lunch. The pork and beans were FANTASTIC! As good or better than any I have had at a restaurant.

pulled_pork.jpg

However, smoking the pork is a labor intensive process and Brett is leaning towards not doing it for the next event.

Given how good it was, I'm starting a poll to see if we can convince Brett to bring his pulled pork and beans to the next Atterbury pistol event. This would probably be a separate lunch ticket for the event so we can assess how many people we need to feed and Brett doesn't massively overbuy on pork, etc. We may set a minimum number of lunch tickets that must be purchased before Brett will devote the time and effort to starting up the smoker.

If you would be interested in this option at the next Atterbury pistol event, complete the attached poll and indicate how much you would be willing to pay.

Remember that proceeds from this event help fund Pass It On/Outdoor Mentors other programs aimed at getting youth back into the outdoors and involved in such activities as camping, archery, shooting, hunting, boating, etc. You will be helping to support a GREAT organization.

Doug B

Marksman
    Feb 19, 2012
    Just saw this..... Sounds fun to me. But, seems like it would take more than five or six folks to make it worthwhile.

The problem is there are only so many weekends and they are valuable time. So many hobbies, so little time.

Top Bottom