Attn: antique military rifle enthisuasts! Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jared

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Hi all, I need some help putting a value on a 1923 Carl Gustafs Swedish Mauser... Yes I have googled it but have been unable to find one similar enough to mine in order to accurately get an idea of it's worth. It's in 99% original unfired condition, the brass disc says the sights are perfect zero, the barrel bore is 6.500", and the bore finish is perfect. The muzzle is unthreaded and the bolt handle is straight..all numbers match also. Pics tonight and pls speak up if you are able to assist me. Thanks in advance!!!

Jared

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Jared,

There is a special "Military Mauser" link over at Gunboards.com. Those guys are much more into the "old military stuff" on average. Lots of great info.

I'll echo what everyone else has said here. I think the cheap end would be $300 and the top end would be $450. Of course if there is something extremely uncommon about the rifle that could change the collectable value of it. If it has been bubba'd (read: improved or modified) in any way you can start by whacking about 50% of the value off of it (to start.)

These are very well respected variants of the Mauser group, known for their accuracy.

The only minor problem I would see is that the surplus ammo is thinning out for these. It can still be found but isn't as common as it was just two (2) years ago. These are 6.5 x 55mm Swedish and won't be found in most gun shops. It is commercially available but as the years pass I would wonder about availability. That would be an extremely minor problem but one worth considering.

Good luck in your search for information.

Regards,

Doug

Jared

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Ok cool, thanks for the replies, gents.. Upon further inspection with an incandescent light, instead of LED (LED doesn't always reflect certain brass colored deposits ;) ), it does appear that there are some faint feed marks on the feed ramp, suggesting that this rifle has been fired. The magazine follower, however, is absolutely spotless.. I'm sure this makes a difference, but in terms of value, I'm not sure what we are talking about.

Top Bottom