• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Thinking of getting a ATV to plow with. I have a 400ft drive and this seems like a good excuse to use with the wife to acquire a 4 wheeler. What do you guys use for your drive. I live in Porter county. Thanks.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a Kawasaki Prairie 360. IMHO it's the best midsized atv ever made. Which of course means it's no longer in production but you can find a good used one fairly cheap. Anyway I have a Warn winch and plow setup and the machine does everything I need it too. Even last year in the mess of the snow and ice we had I cleared the lot at my shop and the drive at my house and it never skipped a beat.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    This is off topic but do u know why I cant see the page "Slow Train" it says I don't have permission ive never tried to look at a page and it wont let me see it before.

Back on topic. My neighbor did my drive last year with a atv and I thought it worked great. But he is moving now and im in a pickle LOL.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    My drive has a 90 degree turn where you park in front of the garage. Very hard to plow with a pickup. My atv works great with it's 60" plow. ATV has some age on it, and it's not near the top of the line anymore, but it works really well. Even last winter.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I have plowed a 2550' driveway for 10 years with a Kawasaki Prairie 650. It's great on the straight runs and OK in tighter areas. Normally I've had plenty of power. However, if we get a really large amount of snow, I try to knock off the first half and not wait until the snow stops or it gets difficult to throw the snow to the side.

My hands do get cold, especially last year when the temperatures were so bitter a few times. (I need to find something like "Hippo Hands".)

Still very pleased with how well the ATV works for my situation.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I have a Kawasaki Teryx with a 6-1/2 foot Denali plow from Moto Alliance. I use this at my BOL in Northern Michigan, so it gets a workout. I have been very happy with it so far. I did add a Curtis cab and a heater to it over the summer. We just got up here last night, and there is about 8" of snow on the ground. I guess I will see how the new toys work today.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not an ATV. It is heated though :):
    Small%20Tractor.jpg

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a Kawasaki Prairie 360. IMHO it's the best midsized atv ever made. Which of course means it's no longer in production but you can find a good used one fairly cheap. Anyway I have a Warn winch and plow setup and the machine does everything I need it too. Even last year in the mess of the snow and ice we had I cleared the lot at my shop and the drive at my house and it never skipped a beat.

I regret selling 360 Prarie, it was the best all around ATV I have ever used.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I regret selling 360 Prarie, it was the best all around ATV I have ever used.

From my experience as a powersports mechanic for the last 7 years and having worked on almost every model from every major manufacturer in that time I can tell you (honestly with no bias towards Kawasaki) the Prairie 360 was without a doubt the best midsized ATV available up and until the day Kawasaki dropped it from production. Nothing else in its size range was better built, nothing in its price range was more reliable. It is simple to work on and everything is relativity easy to get to and intuitive. It would work like a larger machine and was still small enough and powerful enough to play on and would have fewer major issues (other than wearing out the drive belt but that depends as much on the rider as it does the machine) than any other machine in its class. The only knock is the damn things are just so cold natured they take FOREVER to warm up and want to run right but once they do they just don't stop.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Ron new folder 1506.jpg

This has been my snow removal for 14 years. The thing rocks. it gets a little chilly but, put on the snow suit and some good gloves, it is not too bad.
    One of the best investments I ever made. As you can see, the dog loves it too. I can't keep him off of it, even in the cold!!

Top Bottom