Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh my...Memories of checking out "Sixguns by Keith" at CHS library every chance I got...The same three guys would check the book over and over...I was one of them....

I wish I would have hit the lottery last night...Just to have one....N Frame of course....

I see the one..With the steer grips...That's the one...That's the one I want bad...Very bad....Valentines is coming up...May drop a hint to the wife....:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There are some amazing guns in that collection. If only the lottery gods had shown a light on me, I'd be a shopping right now!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Col Corbett's tiger killer also owned by Elmer Keith...that's some history there.

I have a friend that was trying to get me to go skiing in Maine in March...hmmm

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That Colt SAA is interesting. Looks like it has the lower-profile hammer from a Bisley model.​

Elmer's hands were mucked up. He was in a childhood fire and was nearly crippled for life. His father taped his hands to boards and then broke his hands with a hammer so they could heal.

Elmer had continual problems with his hands, but he gritted his teeth harder.:D

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Frankly, I'd be more interested in seeing his "hard-worked" guns. Those are the ones that would tell stories if they could. What an interesting man.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Elmer's hands were mucked up. He was in a childhood fire and was nearly crippled for life. His father taped his hands to boards and then broke his hands with a hammer so they could heal.

Elmer had continual problems with his hands, but he gritted his teeth harder.:D

I had an "incident" with a stubborn storm window that left me with a severed tendon in my left thumb (and I'm left-handed). A surgery repaired the tendon, mostly, but I still can't cock a revolver very well. But I'll forego the hammer treatment and just grit my teeth.

Top Bottom