• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I've been dealing at the show for 16 years. There have been four negligent discharges, three injuries, all dealers.

This is part of why they say "no loaded guns in the building."

Yes, they hate guns, the Second Amendment, gun owners, etc, and are fascists who voted for 0bama.:rolleyes:

Yes, it's about liability--theirs, the fairground's...and the liability of every dealer in the place who will lose out if the show gets cancelled, or will pay more for tables (ever wonder why they've doubled in price?) due to insurance concerns.

The promoter has asked you to abide by certain rules in exchange for space. By refusing to abide by your side of the contract, you are dishonest and disreputable. I have no reason to believe you will deal with customers (and I'm also a customer) any more honestly. If you can't abide by the show rules, you're a crooked, contemptible little wussy.

Let's cover the excuses and analyze them:

"If I leave my gun in the car it might get stolen!!!!"

Really? Because I leave my cargo vehicle on the grounds all weekend, and in 16 years, nothing has gone missing. Still, you can bring your gun in, just unloaded.

"If you don't trust me to have it loaded, then unloading it in the car is even more dangerous!!!"

I agree. If you also agree, you shouldn't have a gun, because you're a moron. There's no law to that effect. It would, however, be polite of you to acknowledge your incompetence and care about everyone else.

"I might get mugged on the way to my car!!!!!"

Really? In daylight? On the fairgrounds? Amid 300 other dealers and 20 cops? Well, I suppose it could happen. To that end, I have personally arranged for Gecko 45 to be in a sniper blind on the roof wearing THREE SAPI plates duct taped together, with a silenced .338 Lapua Mag. You are safe, brother. (Or, you could load up at the door, as the customers do, without ever having a negligent discharge.)

At this point, I'm going to suggest that if you really think you might get mugged or your car burgled at this event, perhaps you should not do it. Clearly, it's not a safe environment. Why are you going where you know there is trouble? That violates Rule One.

I suppose you could also arrange for an armed bus to pick you all up at the end of each day and take you to your hotels/houses.

Really, if the venue is that dangerous, why are you here?

To my knowledge, no one has ever been attacked at their table, either. However, such a scenario plays out like this:

Thug jumps across table, gets tangled in stuff, winds up in a heap on the ground, gets arrested. Shooting him would be murder.

Moron has a negligent discharge. Shooting him would be manslaughter.

Thug shoots at another dealer. The cops will be there before you, or, as below

Thug shoots at you. You should duck. Yes, you will be a @!#$ing HERO if you shoot back and kill him (has this EVER happened at any gun show, anywhere, ever?). Of course, if you kill someone else, or several someone elses (because, as a certain dealer said in June, "I don't care about anyone else! I'm alive, that's what matters!"), either the police will fill you both full of lead, or it will make every headline on the planet. You will get to introduce yourself as, "Hi, I'm the hero who shot a loon at the Indy 1500. The VERY LAST Indy 1500 held. In fact, THE VERY LAST gun show ever held in America! I'm awesome! Buy me a drink!" Won't that be sweet?

This is not to suggest you shouldn't carry a gun anywhere else. By all means load up at the door or in your car (which is what I do, and gee, never had an ND doing so. Again, if you're afraid your handling is't up to this, get some training, or don't carry, moron). Once outside, the threat level is increased, the bystanders are fewer, and you're not under any contractual obligation to be empty.

You also might consider that if you ARE seen armed inside, it's armed trespass. Your choice at that point is leave the show forever—they'll even help you pack your stuff—or be arrested on a firearms charge. That would do you and the show both wonders, wouldn't it?

Right after the negligent discharge with injuries by a dealer at the last show, I heard from a number of customers that since they have to play by that rule, and dealers are supposed to, they will be ratting out dealers they see carrying.

I will make a point of laughing at your sorry ass if you get evicted.

Grow up.

No, I won't be looking at responses. I have work to do. I'm right. You're wrong. The end.

Yes, I hate guns, gun owners, the Second Amendment, and I'm a fascist who voted for 0bama.:rolleyes:

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    "I've been dealing at the show for 16 years. There have been four negligent discharges, three injuries, all dealers."

"Yes, I hate guns, gun owners, the Second Amendment, and I'm a fascist who voted for 0bama.:rolleyes:"

The above two quotes are by the orig. poster.
    I'm wondering if the second post was intended to be in purple. After all, he said he's been dealing there for 16 years. Must not hate gun owners too much, or at least their money.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You also might consider that if you ARE seen armed inside, it's armed trespass. Your choice at that point is leave the show forever—they'll even help you pack your stuff—or be arrested on a firearms charge.

umm negative... no such thing as "armed" tresspass, and tresspassing is the only charge they would/could bring you up on. there would be no firearms charges since you were not breaking any firearm laws.

BIG -1

Top Bottom