• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    People with strollers should be charged double. The place is cramped enough as it is without tripping over your double-wide baby cart all day.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    1500 - and it's a 10 year old so NO stroller!! UGH

I wasn't referring to you, specifically.

Seems like every show there's a guy in a mobility scooter going out of his way to run directly into me, no matter what I do to get out of his way.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Seems like every show there's a guy in a mobility scooter going out of his way to run directly into me, no matter what I do to get out of his way.

Maybe we need to get you a new sweatshirt . . . .

target_on_mt_back_tshirt-p235094962076544011ohvp_400.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Stop banning people who ride mobility scooters and they'll stop trying to run you down at the 1500
    :dunno:

Hey, if they stop running me down, I'll stop banning them! :):

Had one do that to me at the book store the other day. I was stooped over, looking at the titles of the books on the bottom shelf and he literally ran me down because I was in front of the shelf he wanted to look at. No apology, no "excuse me", nothing. All he had to do was wait patiently for 30 seconds and I would have been done and moved on, but he apparently felt that his disability gave him the right to act like a jerk. I refused to move after that. I stood there flipping through an engineering book on orbital mechanics until he finally backed his stupid cart all the way back down the aisle and went the other way. The best part was that he melodramatically refused to use the "reverse" on the scooter, and made a big show of sticking one leg out and pushing the cart backwards with a lot of exasperated sighing, crashing hard into the shelf, etc. When I told Spasmo about it, she said that she saw him run down several other people in other parts of the store as well.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Hey, if they stop running me down, I'll stop banning them! :):

Had one do that to me at the book store the other day. I was stooped over, looking at the titles of the books on the bottom shelf and he literally ran me down because I was in front of the shelf he wanted to look at. No apology, no "excuse me", nothing. All he had to do was wait patiently for 30 seconds and I would have been done and moved on, but he apparently felt that his disability gave him the right to act like a jerk. I refused to move after that. I stood there flipping through an engineering book on orbital mechanics until he finally backed his stupid cart all the way back down the aisle and went the other way. The best part was that he melodramatically refused to use the "reverse" on the scooter, and made a big show of sticking one leg out and pushing the cart backwards with a lot of exasperated sighing, crashing hard into the shelf, etc. When I told Spasmo about it, she said that she saw him run down several other people in other parts of the store as well.

You're nicer than I am then... I have zero tolerance for people touching me in public that I don't know.

I've been known to cause youtube worthy events in public places due to people invading my personal space unnecessarily.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You're nicer than I am then... I have zero tolerance for people touching me in public that I don't know.

I've been known to cause youtube worthy events in public places due to people invading my personal space unnecessarily.

The whole thing went down in a very passive-aggressive way on both sides. It was WAY more satisfying than simply getting into an argument.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    There website says nothing other than "discounted rates for children under 12". Maybe someone who went today can help you better.

I didn't see anything about strollers or wheelchairs or mobility scooters. If you need them, bring them. I personally won't insult anyone who does. I just ask that you respect me and in return I will you respect.

I didn't see anything about wagons or backpacks, either.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Hey, Scutter. Guess what ran into me today?

Yup. A wheelchair. And similar to your deal I got a very sarcastic excuse me. It was busy and the aisle was packed. I couldn't move. Thought you would get a laugh out of it. You may have jinxed me because they followed me for a while (not that they had much choice).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hey, Scutter. Guess what ran into me today?

Yup. A wheelchair. And similar to your deal I got a very sarcastic excuse me. It was busy and the aisle was packed. I couldn't move. Thought you would get a laugh out of it. You may have jinxed me because they followed me for a while (not that they had much choice).

:):

You know, I can appreciate how crowded the place is, and I'm not gonna fault a guy in a scooter for the occasional bump, ESPECIALLY if they throw the occasional "excuse me". You know, common courtesy. I realize that it can't be easy to maneuver one of those things through the cramped aisles of the 1500. But it seems like they go lumbering through like a Dreadnought on a small tributary river and expect you to dive out of their way, and if you don't then they'll make an extra effort to ram you just to teach you a lesson.

Top Bottom