• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Pert near brought a tear to my eye. I can't remember the last time I heard a crowd chime in and sing the anthem. I don't care who they bring in to sing it, I'd prefer to hear everyone in the crowd singing rather than just sitting there listening.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Pert near brought a tear to my eye. I can't remember the last time I heard a crowd chime in and sing the anthem. I don't care who they bring in to sing it, I'd prefer to hear everyone in the crowd singing rather than just sitting there listening.

I agree, I always sing the national anthem no matter where I'm at. My daughter played college ball and there was a group of retirees that always came to the game, a lot of vets in that group, and they sang also. Never could get the other parents to join in. I asked my daughter if it embarrassed her and she said NO. She said she always knew I was in the stands and had made the long drive safely.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This is a great link, thanks!

Speaking of everyone singing the national anthem...

When I was young, in the early 1980s, my dad and I went to the Indiana State High School hockey tournament in Carmel. We sat up near the top in Rink 1. My dad was a Korean combat veteran (25th ID!) and from a rough neighborhood, so he always told you what he thought.

Well, they started to play the national anthem before the game and nobody else (but us) was singing. This didn't set well with Pa and he decided to do something about it. So, as loudly as he could (and he wasn't a quiet man...) he shouted, "C'mon sing it, don't be ashamed, we're all Americans!"

It was the right thing to do -- unless you were 12 years old! :D Whole place turned around and looked at us and we remained nearly the only people singing. A few joined.

Literally thought I was going to die at the moment. God bless ya, Dad!

Top Bottom