• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    I understand the whips of each party have a pretty solid guess of the votes they have before a piece of legislation ever comes to the floor.

Which U.S. congressmen would vote for such a measure? Will it be a party line vote?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    AWB is dead.

Magazine ban and UBC are alive and kicking, and that will be hard to count votes for. Write/Call push push push.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    AWB is dead.

Magazine ban and UBC are alive and kicking, and that will be hard to count votes for. Write/Call push push push.

^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^

I keep seeing polls pop up on the TV screen where a sizable majority of people want something done and these types of things are favored by those polled. When a politician says he supports the 2A but will consider or will support legislation to blah, blah, blah, these are the ones we have to worry about...the ones that will stick their finger in the air and go with the flow.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I doubt if this one is party line ...NRA is a force to be reconned with and they know it

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. It's NOT the NRA, it's the Bill of Rights, and the Creator.

Plenty of folks who aren't in the NRA who oppose this.

Don't buy in to the liberal line that the NRA is the only obstacle to a big government infringement. THAT would be sad indeed.

hoosiersasquatch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I would think one should continue to write their senators and representative to let them know you vote and will be watching their votes on this issue, even on life support, this can be easily resuscitated

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I would think one should continue to write their senators and representative to let them know you vote and will be watching their votes on this issue, even on life support, this can be easily resuscitated

Agree, I think the message was loud and clear - NO AWB - even the Dems got that message. But they all leave a bunch of weasel wording in their replies that may leave open their vote for UBC and Mag ban. It is important for everyone to re-write and re-call telling them that NO further infringement will be allowed. Tell them you support getting RID OF GUN FREE ZONES and repealing some of the more esoteric laws we already have.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid. It's NOT the NRA, it's the Bill of Rights, and the Creator.

Plenty of folks who aren't in the NRA who oppose this.

Don't buy in to the liberal line that the NRA is the only obstacle to a big government infringement. THAT would be sad indeed.

When hopefully this dies...and in 2 yrs...people come up for vote. Its NOT the Bill of Rights or the Creator that will get on the radio, newspaper, magazines, and mailers and remind people about who voted for what. Its the NRA. Thats what they are afraid of.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I foresee the career politicians coming down on the same side on this one. They will all say, "we did not touch the right of all Americans to bear arms, we only addressed the 'common sense' need to restrict magazine limitations..." I'm definitely praying that I'm wrong, but there haven't been very many of them to publicly say where they stand on this issue and those who are talking will only address gun bans or registrations.

Others have said it, but we need to remain vigilant. Those who have remained silent up to this point are needed to help make our voice heard.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I foresee the career politicians coming down on the same side on this one. They will all say, "we did not touch the right of all Americans to bear arms, we only addressed the 'common sense' need to restrict magazine limitations..." I'm definitely praying that I'm wrong, but there haven't been very many of them to publicly say where they stand on this issue and those who are talking will only address gun bans or registrations.

Others have said it, but we need to remain vigilant. Those who have remained silent up to this point are needed to help make our voice heard.

Que nailed it!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Que nailed it!

He sure did. And any of our members who haven't yet emailed, written or preferably CALLED their representatives at the local, State and Federal level to insist upon no AWB, no magazine capacity ban and no "so-called" UBC needs to get off their butt and do so, now.

Do you really want to have look back on this and say to yourself "I didn't really think they would do it"?

Top Bottom