• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Great link. Not sure where the last hour went but hey it's Saturday. Always appreciated pictures over film footage mostly because you can enjoy the details better.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Amazing pictures... Not the everyday mill stuff. The one I thought was really cool was where the aircraft was on fire but a deck hand was climbing on to help the pilot !!

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Excellent link. Some of the best pics Ive ever seen. I like the nose shot of the b25 with the nose gunner tossing his cigarette. I will have to get back on there when I have several hours to kill. Thanks for the link.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Very cool! I have a few military aircraft photos set as my desktop wallpaper in rotation. I'll have to add some of these to the folder. My grandfather was an Air Force photographer (technically before it was the Air Force) towards the end of WWII through Korea. He documented a lot of experimental test flights. He even filmed the first military inflight refueling, which was unsuccessful. Static electricity didn't built up on the wood aircraft, so when they started using metal... plus open fuel hatch... not good. There are still a lot of cool pictures of his at my grandmother's. Unfortunately most all of them were US property so we only have very few that he actually took himself.

EDIT: The story about the first inflight refueling igniting the aircraft may or may not be true. I was told this story a few years ago by my uncle, who is less than a reliable source (old age and tends to exaggerate some). I did some quick research and couldn't find anything on that. So take it for what it is.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom