• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I would just like to personally thank whoever it was that decided to trespass and poach on my land this weekend leaving deer guts and fur in my woods for the dogs to find and eat and then puke it up. I would also like to thank the person who decided to steal an entire rick of wood we had stacked next to the well and our old deer stand that we give to folks when we give permission to hunt on our land. It was much appreciated since we didn't have any use for either objects. Next time feel free to walk up to our house only 300 yards away and I will happily greet you and show you other items you may or may not be interested in.

:ranton:

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Im sorry to hear about your trouble. I am a hunter and I know there are plenty of public places to hunt that do produce deer. I hate to hear that people tresspass, there is just no need. If you need to hunt because you cant afford to eat, then atleast be a man and ask for permission. Best of luck catching these people and when you do dont go easy on them. I would bet they will be back, so keep your eyes open.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I can't prove who did it, but I have a strong idea who did it. It is probably the same people that stole our 210 gallon water tank about a year ago. Whoever it is lives very close. You can not get a vehicle to that area except by the trail which leads to our house and through our driveway. You can get a 4wheeler to that spot though. I would put trail cams out there but they'd probably steal those too. I will be informing a LEO friend of mine tomorrow about this ordeal and he will do some snooping around. Nothing became of the water tank. The LEO had the same idea I did. Just no evidence.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Im sorry to hear about your trouble. I am a hunter and I know there are plenty of public places to hunt that do produce deer. I hate to hear that people tresspass, there is just no need. If you need to hunt because you cant afford to eat, then atleast be a man and ask for permission. Best of luck catching these people and when you do dont go easy on them. I would bet they will be back, so keep your eyes open.

We have let many people hunt on our land and they have had decent success. Last year we had a man walk up our driveway and informed us he shot a deer and it ran onto our property and asked if he could retreive it. We took our 4wheeler back and helped him drag it out. He offered us some of the meat and we declined. It was awesome to have someone just be a man about it and ask.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    If it is close to your house I would buy a remote door chime. I would mount it out near the path in and have it ring a bell when someone broke the laser. They are relatively cheap and also very small so its easy to hide. Just make sure you mount it low so you can catch anything that passes by. The only down side I see is that any deer or animal that breaks that line is also going to set it off. Best of Luck

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If it is close to your house I would buy a remote door chime. I would mount it out near the path in and have it ring a bell when someone broke the laser. They are relatively cheap and also very small so its easy to hide. Just make sure you mount it low so you can catch anything that passes by. The only down side I see is that any deer or animal that breaks that line is also going to set it off. Best of Luck

That is an interesting idea, the area where the thievery has taken place it about 250 yards from the house, through woods. Deer and turkey regularly cross the path, but maybe if I mount it around chest height? Are these remote door chimes wired or wireless? What range can they reach?

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I do believe you can get them both ways. The wireless my not reach the far do to the woods being in the way but a wired one will and they are powered by cheap low voltage cable. All you would have to do is drag a shovel through the dirt and cover it over. I wouldnt worry about conduit, the wire is fairly tough and it wont get any traffic other than foot traffic. I would do more research into the wireless though, it may reach, I know they have come a long way. I havent installed one in a long time so I cant give specifics. I will see what I can find out, I have a few friends that deal with them a lot.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Ok I did a little research and you can get wireless models that will range out to a half mile. The one I was told was a good one is the Chamberlain CWA2000. It has a half mile range and is recommended for securing your property. It runs 79.99 and is small enough to conceal. It can be installed quickly and if they damage the unit out in the woods, you can get replacements pretty cheap. I think this would be a great way to catch them in the act. Good luck and if I can help in any way just let me know.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ok I did a little research and you can get wireless models that will range out to a half mile. The one I was told was a good one is the Chamberlain CWA2000. It has a half mile range and is recommended for securing your property. It runs 79.99 and is small enough to conceal. It can be installed quickly and if they damage the unit out in the woods, you can get replacements pretty cheap. I think this would be a great way to catch them in the act. Good luck and if I can help in any way just let me know.

Thanks alot for the help! The 79.99 is easily worth the price of catching them in the act.....now I just have to decide between my war hammer and the ball and chain! +1 to you sir

Top Bottom