• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I recently picked up a 1962 Baby Browning at a gun show. Seems to be very accurate. i have seen earlier FN model that have a grip safety. Anyone have any experience with these guns. It shoots the .25 auto rounds. Any experience with .25 auto? Is this a good carry gun? Thanks

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    The Baby Browning and the Colt 1908 Vest Pocket are neat little guns. Close range, very good. Reliable enough. A correctly placed .25ACP will put a person down permanently. Learn how to shoot it, find your accuracy distance and know it. I like wheel guns as they are just simply more reliable.

Oh, you might wish to have this moved to another forum.

mfirem19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Grant County
    The Baby Browning and the Colt 1908 Vest Pocket are neat little guns. Close range, very good. Reliable enough. A correctly placed .25ACP will put a person down permanently. Learn how to shoot it, find your accuracy distance and know it. I like wheel guns as they are just simply more reliable.

Oh, you might wish to have this moved to another forum.

This guy is correct. The .25 is really an underrated round. Check the ballistics versus a .32 or even a 9mm. Great extremely small pocket gun. Hang on to it. Those guns have more than held their value.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I have only shot they got a few times. Seems to be very accurate to about 25 feet. I ordered some ammo a few weeks ago online. Price seems to be very high for such a small round.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I recently picked up a 1962 Baby Browning at a gun show. Seems to be very accurate. i have seen earlier FN model that have a grip safety. Anyone have any experience with these guns. It shoots the .25 auto rounds. Any experience with .25 auto? Is this a good carry gun? Thanks

It's better than a sharp stick...Maybe....They are neat guns from an historical perspective...Many people have died from a .25 so they are capable of killing (but so is a sharp stick.) I would keep it for the collector value and the fact that they are just so damn cute and are built like a fine pocket watch.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I see the lower priced Bauer .25 autos for sale from time to time. My understanding is that these were an investment cast frame rather than the machined metal frame seen with the original baby browning. The new PCA-25 is made just like the original Baby browning. They are machined from bar stock carbon steel. I have spoken to one of the owners of PSA and he explained the manufacturing process to me. They now offer a variety of styles....all based in the classic design. They have a very nice brushed stainless steel model for around $650.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    Neat litte piece. I bought one new in 1968 for $39.00. Sold it to my brother who still has it.
    Be careful the slide will cut the web of your hand if you grip it too high.

Last edited:

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I have a 1962 baby browning. I purchase at
    a gun show and sent it in to PSA to have it
    certified and refinished. Should get it back
    this week.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Despite some comments to the contrary, it's a terrible caliber to rely on if your life is on the line, but that's a great specific pistol model. Really solid design and mfg. in a product category where a lot of cheap pistols have been produced over the decades. I'd be happy to have it as a collector's item.

Top Bottom