• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Put this here since it really isn't gun related gear. Our oldest is in second grade and starting this week she's our only one in school right now. We're wanting to pick up some backpack armor for her school bag. Does anyone have any you'd recommend? I'm leaning torward the battlesteel brand stuff but I'm not set on it yet. I'd love hard armor but will more than likely go with 3a soft armor for weight and comfort.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    With 2 in school I should look into this as well. However my 7th grader loves books and carries enough of them to likely stop any handgun round :) I'll also need to check with him to see if he even carries the backpack from class to class.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I forgot about rma I really like their stuff. Seems the only solution is to order the rma and battlesteel and let her pick the most comfortable then I keep the other.
    I believe its a company called bulldog maybe? That make actual ballistic backpacks. I am tempted to get my daughter one of those as well. Sucks we even have to think about this.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Good on you for looking out for your kid, a parents greatest responsibility. Throw in some age appropriate training/advice.

• How to use the backpack armor to best protect herself and how she should position her body putting the armor between her body and the threat.
    • Situational awareness particularly keeping her face out of her phone.
    • Difference between cover and concealment.
    • On back to school night help her learn to identify where to hide for cover, egress strategies, etc. Practice when out and about shopping or restaurants teaching her how to read a room and having her tell you her strategy.
    • OPSEC ~ not every kid (or teacher) needs to know she has armor.

Just like carrying a gun the armor can be a tool or a talisman.

Top Bottom