• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It appears a tree branch has possibly damaged our roof and it’s leaking pretty badly into the pantry. I tried to cut away the cieling before it totally fell in but that didn’t help much, and may have made the situation worse. I have buckets down but it’s pretty bad. Are there emergency roof repair options, or some other suggestion? I guess I need to call insurance and see if they can help? I just don’t know for sure if it’s an insurance issue. Any suggestions in the Hendricks County area? I don’t have a big ladder to go try to mess with it, and would probably fall through the roof anyway.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Insurance gave me some numbers to get it covered temporarily. Getting ahold of CM now. I’m not positive to a tree branch, due to the angle of the roof. I can see one up there in the same spot though.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Sent CHCRandy a text since it’s Sunday. The leak isn’t quite as bad as it seemed when the rain was really coming down. Still not good, and it looks like maybe something is broken up there. Ceiling has a nice big hole and my arms are itchy from the insulation that made it past my gloves. Buckets are down...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Those suck and it doesn't take a very big hole or a bunch of water to make a massive mess.
    I had 1 nail the roofers put below the tar line that started leaking, it was hard to pinpoint because it right next to a seam and hard to see.
    Tore up a 6'x6' area.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Good luck, man. Now I don't feel so bad about the Kenmore washer that just started leaking in the laundry room!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Randy is the man! It ended up not being as bad as it looked, except for the interior damage. At least the leaking should be stopped. Thanks Randy!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You are quite welcome J, and it was a pleasure meeting you. Hope that took care of your leaking and sorry I couldn't get to you quicker. That will teach me to double check my truck windows before going on vacation.

Thanks for the kind words guys.....I appreciate you all.

Top Bottom