• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sadly, the executor, is spiteful and down right evil.
    I don't expect to ever see it again. It was probably pitched as soon as they got into the house.
    DoggyMama's brother that just passed was the executor of their parents' estate. He would have been fair when they pass away, but now it's probably going to lead to feuds between her and her sister. People can be sucky. :( My sister was the executor for our mom and there was never any conflict (Mom was in assisted living, so not a lot of possessions) when she died. I never asked for anything - never had to. She would just call me and tell me that she had a check for me as things were settled.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Sorry for the loss of your Father. It is always difficult enough without extra stress.

My Dad died at 92. He was the best. Not too long before he passed he asked if I wanted anything special. I chose a hatchet he got when he was 4 years old. I remember him showing me how to use it when I was small. It was used all his life and well cared for. Of all the stuff he had it means the most to me because of the memories.

Don

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry it keeps getting worse. There are some truly awful people out there.
    I had a coworker years ago that had deadbeat family. His mom lived across town in a modest bungalow. He helped her out when she would call, because none of the other kids would lift a finger. He was totally estranged from them.

One Thursday day he got a text. "Mom died last week BTW. Her funeral was yesterday."

He checked her bank accounts, all empty. (wasnt much)
    He drove across town and the house was empty except for trash.

I'd call them vultures, but that would be offensive to vultures.

Some people DESERVE cancer.

Lpherr

Occupied
    DoggyMama's brother that just passed was the executor of their parents' estate. He would have been fair when they pass away, but now it's probably going to lead to feuds between her and her sister. People can be sucky. :( My sister was the executor for our mom and there was never any conflict (Mom was in assisted living, so not a lot of possessions) when she died. I never asked for anything - never had to. She would just call me and tell me that she had a check for me as things were settled.

When my father went into the hospital for his first surgery, I suspected how this would play out.
    To my surprise, it's worse. I don't understand how some people can have zero conscience.
    Why do some feel entitled? What makes one person more relative than another?

sorry to see all this, my condolences on your father's passing and having to deal with a lousy family.

Death certainly reveals character of the people left behind.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Sorry for the loss of your Father. It is always difficult enough without extra stress.

My Dad died at 92. He was the best. Not too long before he passed he asked if I wanted anything special. I chose a hatchet he got when he was 4 years old. I remember him showing me how to use it when I was small. It was used all his life and well cared for. Of all the stuff he had it means the most to me because of the memories.

Don

My father didn't have anything personal from my childhood, as he had a house fire in '07, and lost everything.
    He went through a Harley phase in his last few years, and after his surgery, he was unable to ride any more.
    He asked if I wanted his two bikes a couples years ago, but I don't have space for them, and I'm not a Harley rider.
    So, I never took possession of them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When my father went into the hospital for his first surgery, I suspected how this would play out.
    To my surprise, it's worse. I don't understand how some people can have zero conscience.
    Why do some feel entitled? What makes one person more relative than another?

Death certainly reveals character of the people left behind.
    I don't know brother. I'm so sorry you're going through all this. :(

Lpherr

Occupied
    Sorry it keeps getting worse. There are some truly awful people out there.
    I had a coworker years ago that had deadbeat family. His mom lived across town in a modest bungalow. He helped her out when she would call, because none of the other kids would lift a finger. He was totally estranged from them.

One Thursday day he got a text. "Mom died last week BTW. Her funeral was yesterday."

He checked her bank accounts, all empty. (wasnt much)
    He drove across town and the house was empty except for trash.

I'd call them vultures, but that would be offensive to vultures.

Some people DESERVE cancer.
    That's truly sad.
    I at least have a sister, that gets information through the grapevine, and without that, this could have been very similar.

They all can have his money, it will be gone without anything to show, and they can have his possessions, which will likely be sold.
    I have, and will always have, the most important thing of my father's..... his memory.

Even though some people deserve cancer, or worse, I don't wish ill will on anyone.
    I just erase them from my life, and try to move forward.

Top Bottom