• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I have done it in the oven and it turns out pretty well.. I had a small grill grate looking rack that fit inside of the pan so the grease dripped off. I thought it was easier to cook that way, but one time the pan twisted from the heat and spilled grease in the oven so I havnt done it since.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have read that if you put another pan on top of it while cooking it, it'll be flat.

You can also crinkle up some aluminum foil and set the bacon on that so that the grease can sink a little so that the bacon isn't sitting directly in it. I used the aluminum foil but I don't think my crinkles were deep enough. It helped a little but it could have been better. Cooking it on a broiler pan might work well since the grease will sink through the holes but it can't cook that much at one time if you use that little pan.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've baked bacon before. I put in on a cooling rack on a cookie sheet (the kind with a lip all the way around) to catch the grease. It turns out really well, but you have to use thick bacon because it comes out much more brittle than if you fry it. I never had a problem with it crinkling up. In fact, it came out flatter than when I fry it.

Baking it is also good if you like to sprinkle brown sugar on it during the cooking process for "candied bacon. You can't do that easily when frying.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I decline to share my bacon baking secret :cool: cause it's just whatever's on the back of the package. Regular bacon turns out better then the thick cut if you're baking, in my opinion anyways...For bacon bits though (like in that bread :D), gotta go in a pan on the stove top though :rockwoot:

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I'll often bake it on a wire rack sitting on a cookie sheet. But my favorite way is grilling it. Just something about fire that makes everything better.

:bacondance:

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    as a professional chef i bake it at 350 in a convection (fan inside) oven for 15 mins. usually around 10# at a time, however for easter i think we did 40#.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    as a professional chef i bake it at 350 in a convection (fan inside) oven for 15 mins. usually around 10# at a time, however for easter i think we did 40#.

You're going to make friends quick with that amount of bacon! I must know where this bacon is!

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    PB0102_Brown-Sugar-Bacon_lg.jpg

Brown Sugar Bacon
    Ingredients
    ½ cup brown sugar
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    ¼ pound sliced bacon
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 400o.
    2. In a large plastic zip-top bag, combine brown sugar and mustard. Add bacon and toss to coat.
    3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on the lined baking sheet. Put bacon on rack and roast in oven for 20 minutes. Let drain for a few minutes on the rack and serve.

Maple-Candied Bacon
    Ingredients
    1 pound thick sliced bacon, good quality
    ½ cup maple syrup, Grade B
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    Finely ground black pepper
    Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 400o.
    2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy foil. Place a baking rack over the lined sheet tray and arrange the bacon slices across the rack next to each other, not overlapping.
    3. In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup and mustard. Generously spoon over the top of the bacon, and bake 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the bacon over and baste with syrup mixture. Bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon has reached desired crispiness.
    4. Carefully remove the pan from the oven. Sprinkle hot bacon with a scant pinch of finely ground black pepper. Let the bacon rest on the rack for 5 minutes.
    baconicecream2.jpg

Last edited:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I wasn't going to go to the store today, but now I think I need some bacon. I just HAPPENED to get a new Convection oven on Monday so I can give this a try. :)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Do you cook yours directly in the grease or do you elevate the bacon?

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    For the best way to a heart attack I make a batter using Drakes batter mix and deep fry bacon but I must admit some of the recipes on here sound mighty good how can it be bad its Bacon

Top Bottom