• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I've been in a couple of banks recently that have the "no hoodies, no sunglasses, no hats" rule posted on the door. Neither had anything to say about guns. As I entered, I did remove my shades. I wasn't wearing a hoodie anyway, being as it was, y'know, summertime... but my hat stayed right where it was, on top of my head, with "INGO Tactical" clearly visible. Not a word from them. I was wearing a loose, untucked polo shirt over my IWB, a pair of comfortable, slightly faded jeans, and sneakers.

It may have helped that when I came in, I looked right at the tellers, smiled, and proceeded to make, respectively, a deposit and a payment. It tends to put them at ease, so long as it's not a Charlie Manson smile. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Likewise. First time there's an issue with it, my accounts will be immediately closed on the spot and my business taken elsewhere.

If someone does ask me about it, which I don't expect with CC, I have a simple answer for them: "I'm no threat to anyone who does not threaten me."

If they want to ask me to leave, yes, I will, and close my accounts as well. It's my hope to convince them that this is not necessary. "The last five years, any time you've seen me, I've had a pistol on my hip. No one's ever known about it and no one's needed to. I've not been a threat then and I'm not now. If you really want to lose my business, I suppose we can play it that way, but I'd rather not have to write to everyone on the food chain above you and tell them how you lost customers all over the state because of a hasty decision to penalize a long time customer who is only complying with the law. Your choice, though."

Education. Education is the key. If we educate them about the rights they can exercise just as we can, perhaps this is a battle we'll never have to fight.

Blessings,
    Bill

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I carry at my bank all the time. I do know everyone who works there plu my wife works there as well. I tried to get her a gun and her license bit she doesn't like guns and they won't let employees carry inside. I agree with whoever it was that said bank employees should carry.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I carry in the bank I chose to bank with. I have even open carried there. However, I have a relative that works there(why I decided to bank there), so, people know of me if they don't know me and nobody freaks out. Well, some times I get to scare the temps :D

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I've been in a couple of banks recently that have the "no hoodies, no sunglasses, no hats" rule posted on the door. Neither had anything to say about guns. As I entered, I did remove my shades. I wasn't wearing a hoodie anyway, being as it was, y'know, summertime... but my hat stayed right where it was, on top of my head, with "INGO Tactical" clearly visible. Not a word from them. I was wearing a loose, untucked polo shirt over my IWB, a pair of comfortable, slightly faded jeans, and sneakers.

It may have helped that when I came in, I looked right at the tellers, smiled, and proceeded to make, respectively, a deposit and a payment. It tends to put them at ease, so long as it's not a Charlie Manson smile. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

You forgot about socks and underwear descriptions. Unless you were going Commando! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom