• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    If one were to attend an event at Banker's life fieldhouse what should be expected in terms of carrying concealed? Not a tier one sporting event if it matters but just wonder?

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Firearms/weapons are not allowed. You may or may not be wanded and or frisked upon entry. It really depends on the event and whatever level of security has been mandated. If you are found to have a weapon of any kind you will not be allowed to enter and have the option to return the weapon to an alternative location. If you are asked to leave and refuse you can be arrested for trespassing.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I may or may not have carried there for less attended events like Indiana Ice hockey games. When the Pacers play they generally break out the wands.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Thank you... I assumed it was not "allowed" but wondered if one should expect the wands and all or just don't ask don't tell.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Hey everybody another thread about carrying in a stadium in Indy! I've gotten in pacer games with a g23 before, Indiana Ice games don't have wanding IIRC.

It's all about what and how you carry and MOST IMPORTANTLY choosing the correct security guard. Carrying a sub-compact in a belly band is the best way to get by since you can position the gun very low (like below or at your belt line low), carry in appendix position, if you have a case for your phone, clip it right in front of the gun. Carry spare mag the same way. Put this all under an under shirt that is tucked in.

Now, this part is important so pay attention, DO NOT go to a line that is manned by an obviously off duty LEO. Find one being run by some kid or someone who looks new to the job. I think the first pacers game I went to the guy had the wand backwards, went right over the glock, never beeped. After that I started carrying my Kahr CM9 to the place as described above. If it goes off point to your phone, if they make you lift up your shirt, show them you have nothing as it is concealed under a tucked in shirt, if they pat you down...well I guess you may or may not get lucky.

Once inside, go to a bathroom and re-position everything as you like it...enjoy the game/event.

Is it uncomfortable to carry like that for a few minutes?...yes
    Is it necessary to have a belly band and a small gun?...most likely yes (unless you get a guy with a backwards wand)
    Will you most likely be armed while at banker's life if you follow the above advice... yes

Carry on!

ETA: At the events I've gone to, and you may notice this as well, most of the time the wands are going off or lighting up, but they are moving the people through anyways. I don't know how they train the guys with the wands, or what they are told to look for...but keep in mind they have to get people moving through quickly...use that to your advantage.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Hey everybody another thread about carrying in a stadium in Indy! I've gotten in pacer games with a g23 before, Indiana Ice games don't have wanding IIRC.

It's all about what and how you carry and MOST IMPORTANTLY choosing the correct security guard. Carrying a sub-compact in a belly band is the best way to get by since you can position the gun very low (like below or at your belt line low), carry in appendix position, if you have a case for your phone, clip it right in front of the gun. Carry spare mag the same way. Put this all under an under shirt that is tucked in.

Now, this part is important so pay attention, DO NOT go to a line that is manned by an obviously off duty LEO. Find one being run by some kid or someone who looks new to the job. I think the first pacers game I went to the guy had the wand backwards, went right over the glock, never beeped. After that I started carrying my Kahr CM9 to the place as described above. If it goes off point to your phone, if they make you lift up your shirt, show them you have nothing as it is concealed under a tucked in shirt, if they pat you down...well I guess you may or may not get lucky.

Once inside, go to a bathroom and re-position everything as you like it...enjoy the game/event.

Is it uncomfortable to carry like that for a few minutes?...yes
    Is it necessary to have a belly band and a small gun?...most likely yes (unless you get a guy with a backwards wand)
    Will you most likely be armed while at banker's life if you follow the above advice... yes

Carry on!

ETA: At the events I've gone to, and you may notice this as well, most of the time the wands are going off or lighting up, but they are moving the people through anyways. I don't know how they train the guys with the wands, or what they are told to look for...but keep in mind they have to get people moving through quickly...use that to your advantage.

Thanks, I'll remember that!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    long sleeves work good too...keep it in your sleeve and raise your hands when wanded...no one is the wiser
    I've done that with a knife before, how do you do it with a gun? Are you talking about wearing a heavy coat or something? Otherwise I would think the gun/holster would hang down too much and be spotted??

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So I went to my first Pacers game of the year last night. They now have full on metal detectors to walk through.

I'm not sure how effective they are though. As I went through, there was a woman a few feet further away with a wand. She was supposed to be performing secondary searches of people who set off the detector.

She wasn't paying much attention. I heard her ask people several times, "did you set it off? No? Keep going then."

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I took my kids there for the Ringling Bros. circus a few weeks ago and was wanded at the door after setting off the detector.
    Have also been wanded for Pacers games too. Whoever said smart carry with a big buckle is right, probably your best bet to get in. Most of the time they will assume its the belt and let you through.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm here now. Men, probably not. Women with purse? Absolutely. They lifted wifes purse, joked it was heavy, then gave it right back.

Also saw people walking through the metal detectors... it flashed red a ton of times, they never stopped anyone. Are there varying levels of 'red'? Would it make a noise if there was a larger metal item?

Last edited:

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Did you go through the detector and get detected or did you decide not to risk it and go back to your car?

Geeze, I annot believe I didn't get you replied to! Sorry.
    I walked back before I walked thru. I now have a couple of non metalic knives that I carry to concerts.

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-9...5459&sr=8-2&keywords=nightshade+series+knives

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-9...5481&sr=8-4&keywords=nightshade+series+knives

https://www.amazon.com/COLD-STEEL-N...5481&sr=8-5&keywords=nightshade+series+knives

I made a kydex sheath and use folded & ductaped cardboard for other sheaths. Just remove the metal ring that the blades ship with.

One of these days I may try getting my LCPII thru. ;)

Sorry again for the delay in replying!

Top Bottom