• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I have been jonesing for one of these. Is there a vendor that sells Bark Rivers at the 1500? Would be nice to see and hold one before dropping the $.

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I was kind of hoping to see one before I dropped more money than I ever have before on a knife.

I thought there were a few sites online that had them but when I went back to look it seems they are all "out of stock". In fact I had a handle color picked out on knivesshippedfree that appears to be gone now as well. I went ahead and picked another color and ordered it.

I feel odd spending that kind of money on a knife (not much to some I know). I made my living with a $40 knife cutting meat while going to college . Now I just dropped close to $200 on a blade "to go play in the woods".

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I feel odd spending that kind of money on a knife (not much to some I know). I made my living with a $40 knife cutting meat while going to college . Now I just dropped close to $200 on a blade "to go play in the woods".

Yeah, but that knife will last a long time. The great thing about Bark River and many other high end knives is they have a lifetime guarentee on the blade, not the original owner. As long as the company is still around, your knife is covered.

Just picture it as something that can be passed down in your family for generations to come :D

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Bark River is kinda unique in today's market. They are exceptional knives, both in design and production. Mike could have expanded any number of times, but he is more focused on quality. There is an amazing demand for their knives and that's how we wants to keep it.

As you have noticed they do X number of one design and then that's it for a while. If you want a particular knife you need to make a decision; or wait quite a while - maybe.

I have a few of them, but I got them years ago when prices were cheaper. I'm not sure I could rationalize one now. If you decide you don't like it there is always someone out there who will buy it. But, have you noticed how few used Bark River knives there are for sale?

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    But, have you noticed how few used Bark River knives there are for sale?

A Fox River went on the Blade Forums a couple of days ago. Sold in less than a day. So I didn't even get a chance.

I ordered one from knivesshipfree. I didn't get the scales I wanted but i like the ones I picked out.

My wife saw the a pic of one with the elder maple burl scales and wanted me to try to find one of those.... If I did I think I would feel bad about getting blood on it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Congrats on the purchase. Your going to love it. Bark River makes one hell of a knife, and kniveshipfree is a great online vendor to deal with. I really like their points system.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a bark river aurora that I got thru a trade. its a great little knife, I really like A2. I think I might look for a larger bark river in the near future.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I can get them but my distributor is out of them at this time. I cannot carry all knives in stock but I can usually get them. So please feel free to ask me and I will do my best to try and get it and get you a great price.

Congrats on your new knife and in most cases I can beat or match prices from kniveshippedfree.:D

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Well she showed in the mail today and she is nice...Certainly sharp.
    picture.php

Maybe too sharp :( ??

picture.php

Well no such thing as too sharp....Was this my fault or the sheath?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    There should only be one way to put the knife inside the sheath so I would just guess the sheath. I do not think a knife is ever too sharp.
    Congrats on you new knife.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    hum this is a new one for me. i only ever had to use the warranty on the actual knife and not the sheaths. the sheaths are made by JRE for bark river. did you have to force it in or something. i am interested in seeing what they say about this. either way congrats on the new knife sir. get out and get it dirty

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    hum this is a new one for me. i only ever had to use the warranty on the actual knife and not the sheaths. the sheaths are made by JRE for bark river. did you have to force it in or something. i am interested in seeing what they say about this. either way congrats on the new knife sir. get out and get it dirty

They said to send it in along with a check for $3.50 shipping and they would send me another one.

The fit was tight! I tried using some controlled pressure a few times taking it and out til it felt like lit loosened up a bit :naughty: but I guess the loosening was just the knife cutting through the side of the sheath.

Top Bottom