• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Would any of you pay for the barrel and receiver of a Mosin Nagant that had an excellent bore even though it had to be sent to an FFL, or would you dig through crates to find one with the best bore to supply your project?
    I seen several running from 72 to 89 plus 16 shipped. Then I guess it also depends on the FFL anywhere from 10 and up. In this example my LGS charges 20 for a transfer. I would go with the one for 79+16+20?=115.
    I could just drive out to Midwest and dig around to best bore, swap things out, and resell what I don't need for a slight loss. I could go as cheap as possible and get the barrel with exec bore for 32 bucks and no FFl, but does anyone know of a gunsmith who could re barrel a Mosin?
    I understand some are shaking their heads, and wondering why I don't buy one of the better Mosins out there. I would like to try something an experiment if you will and see if I can get results with either a barrel and receiver, full firearm purchase and swap out, or buy a barrel and get it installed. Just need some input the wheels are turning and the money is about to start flowing.

Top Bottom