• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Found my winter project! the wife has given me the blessing to spend up to 300 dollars on this, however I would like to keep it under 125. there is no reason it should cost more than that. I am going to replicate this one almost exactly, minus the gun on the top. Once my boy is old enough I think we will add some swiveling "guns" made out of wood that he can help build, one on either side of the cockpit. One will be a browning 50 cal design and the other a 30cal ww2 style pistol grip. both simple to make.

I plan on adding a rocket pod under one of the wings, and perhaps a missile under the other, so the wings will have to be just a tiny bit larger. Ill use PVC for both of those.

However I want to discuss how YOU would mount the stuff. How to properly attach the tail fin where it wont be flimsy. How to mount the wings so they can support the small weight of the rocket launcher and missile. and I sort of want to add a cool little cockpit with switches knobs and levers. I will still need room for feet to go under the "dash" though because I bet this gets used as a cool make believe item as he gets older. it will have a steering wheel not a joystick mostly because that's what he understands right now. When he is older if he wants a joystick we will add one.

My first thought is to use the metal shelf hangers and use my extra steel drum to "bang" it into shape and run a few bolts and nuts through it.

I have a welder if its needed.

Also soliciting advice for what to use for the seat.

Googling "barrel train" and clicking images will give you some more photos for reference.

This is how I plan to make the cut out as I like how it makes the front look larger than the back. It will also give me room to mount the wings where they will not interfere with getting in and out of the cart. (I may in the future cut it so it swings open like a door.

Lets hear your ideas.

I will also be taking donations for any gizmos and gadgets that I can mount to the dash panel.

Top Bottom