Bartering dentistry for access to your private land for shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm trying to find a way to create a win:win deal. I can offer free or huge savings on dental treatment for someone who has property suitable to shoot on. I'll go out of my way to make you feel like you are getting 100x the better end of the deal. I'm a rural guy at heart but I am trapped in the suburbs and don't see that changing anytime soon. :( My families property is just too far away to practically make it there to shoot. When I do go it is with kids and family and my time is spent with them.

Ideally, I'm looking for someone north of Westfield up to and including around Frankfort. I live in Westfield but my dental practice is in Frankfort so for this to work for you, it would have to be convenient to go to Frankfort for dental care. I have a general practice, I do cleanings, periodontal treatments (gum disease), Prosth. (dentures, partials), implants, surgery (extractions, and a fair amount of pre-prosthetic surgery), root canals. I don't dabble in orthodontics (braces). I do a lot of surgery, way more than usual of my own lab work, and I'm most set apart from other dentists (IMHO, and from patients reports) by being able to give really comfortable injections, if they are even felt at all.

I've taken several firearms courses, I've shot a handful of USPSA competitions, Friday night steel, many Appleseed events, and various other organized shooting events to be quite familiar with range etiquette and safety. I've been an outdoorsman (hiking, camping, canoeing....) my entire life (OK, I'm old now and haven't as much recently :)) and have a huge respect for property in general but especially when it is not mine. All that to say I can imagine a land owner considering this would have concerns about safety and respectfulness and I would like to think my eyes are more than open to these concepts.

I love rifle work, both long range precision shooting and defensive rifle drills. I have one full size USPSA silhouette (Bobcat Steele) I'd be happy to leave with you or on the property for you to use if allowed or wanted. I mostly shoot my AR (2.23/5.56), .22LR's, Mosin Nagant, and 9mm. For longer range opportunity (500-1000 yds) I'd be in heaven!

For your privacy I'm happy to keep ALL contacts to PM. The benefit package to you would really have to be drawn up on an individual basis. The variables are too great to propose something out of air. (ie, do you have some insurance, no insurance, some teeth no teeth :dunno:, what is needed, what could be done, more interested in a family member getting treatment?) I can say I love doing what I do and really love thinking outside of the box. I would go out of my way to make you feel like you are getting 100x the better end of the deal. I even miss working outdoors, not just playing. If you don't have a range built I'd even love coming to help.

I'm in no hurry, and I understand that there is a process involved in determining if this is a fit or not. Giving someone permission to shoot on your land AND selecting a dentist are both extremely personal things. Lets talk and figure out if there is mutual benefit. :ar15:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Doc, I wish you the best of luck with this. I am spoiled in the fact that I have a pistol range and 200 yard rifle range on my property. Like many, I am sure, I wish we were closer together. Being self employed, all I have is a discount dental plan, no insurance.
    I placed ads several years ago, similar to yours, offering to do work in exchange for deer hunting privileges with not one reply. I offered up carpentry work, landscaping, dirt and gravel work, yard work, you name it. Crickets......

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Sounds like a Great deal.. I very fortunate to have access to a couple of farms in Putnam county and I can't believe someone won't take you up on your offer.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I wish I could help you out. I shoot at family property so it's not really mine to "loan out" and my wife is going through a series of/fair amount of dental work right now, lol. Kuddos to you for making this barter effort though. :yesway:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I would love to trade you some land in exchange for my wisdom teeth.. but I have no land. The wisdom teeth I do have though! lol

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom