• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Greetings all! We have 15 open slots for our Basic Disaster Medical Course available on Saturday, March 16th from 9a-5p.

The Marion County Public Health Department- Medical Reserve Corps is providing this training for our current members and others by invitation. Consider yourselves invited! I am the Operations Chief for the MRC, which is spinning back up after a few years in mothballs.

This course will feature certification in CPR/AED, Stop the Bleed, Disaster Triage and First Aid. The cost for certification is $43 (cash). (The deadline to enroll is technically Friday afternoon, but I can swing a few more days for a few more people.)

The training will take place at our Public Health Emergency Preparedness facility located at 1202 W. 16th Street, Indianapolis.

If you are planning to attend, please email MRC Coordinator TJ Agnew at tagnew@marionhealth.org to reserve your slot. Please also PM me here so I have a basic headcount and know who to lookout for upon arrival.

If you are interested in learning more about the Medical Reserve Corps, you can go to:

gohttps://aspr.hhs.gov/MRC/Pages/index.aspx

I’ll be happy to entertain any questions. Hope to see some of you there. This is only the first of many trainings to come!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Prefer folks from Marion County?
    Anything you would want participants to bring? Besides a lunch :)

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Nope, anyone’s welcome. Lunch is up to you LOL

And as for bringing anything, while it absolutely pains me to say it, everyone can guess what kind of “rules” are in place. Concealed means CONCEALED.

Last edited:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Bumping this up, want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see it and get signed up. Everyone’s been asking about a medical course, this is a great one!

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Last call before the official deadline (tonight) for antendees. The instructor has to order the materials and we’re only sitting at four who’ve signed up. If we don’t have enough, we may cancel this session and add them to the May course (date TBD).

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Last call before the official deadline (tonight) for antendees. The instructor has to order the materials and we’re only sitting at four who’ve signed up. If we don’t have enough, we may cancel this session and add them to the May course (date TBD).
    Disregard my last guys, sorry.

The PTB decided to go ahead and push the attendees to the next class. Next class will be Saturday, May 18th. Same details apply as above. I will bump this thread back as we approach the date. Anyone can go ahead and reserve between now and then!

Top Bottom