• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The first one has a barrel that measures 16" or more including the permanent FH. The second one has a 14.5" barrel, and as such can only be used with a registered SBR (short-barreled rifle) or an AR pistol.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    So... am I correct in saying even though it is a 14.5" barrel, the permenetly attached flashhider makes it a 16" barrel so it is really no different than the 16" barrel I have now length wise. The NFA barrel requires a special permit.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So... am I correct in saying even though it is a 14.5" barrel, the permenetly attached flashhider makes it a 16" barrel so it is really no different than the 16" barrel I have now length wise.

Ed Zachary. :yesway:

The NFA barrel requires a special permit.

Not by itself, no. And it would be totally fine for use on an AR pistol. But if you want to use it on a rifle, said rifle must be registered under the NFA as a short-barreled rifle (i.e. a "Class 3" weapon).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ed Zachary. :yesway:

Kinda, but not exactly.

If the OP currently has a 16" barrel with a screw-on flash hider then total length is actually longer than 16". A 14.5" w/perm is still about 1.5" shorter than a regular 16" barrel with flash hider.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Kinda, but not exactly.

If the OP currently has a 16" barrel with a screw-on flash hider then total length is actually longer than 16". A 14.5" w/perm is still about 1.5" shorter than a regular 16" barrel with flash hider.
    This is the most correct answer.

A 16" barrel is 16" without the flash-hider attached. So with it attached it is 16" + the length of the flash-hider, typically around 17.5" for a standard flash-hider.

A 14.5" barrel with permanent flash-hider is (typically) 16" with the flash-hider.

Top Bottom