• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    So we did! :rockwoot:
    Had a really fun day shooting, my girlfreind has been wanting to get out and I am not a huge fan of indoor shooting. Called my buddy Ben hopeing he wasn't to busy on the farm since the wheather is nice, he said he wasn't working ground for atleast another month and to come on out.
    I just picked up a 308 and was really excited to get out and put a few rounds down range.
    Guns on the range today were remington 700 vtr 308, winchester pump 22, sig 1911, W German P226, beretta 92fs, M&P 40c, MK9, CW9, mossberg 500 pistol grip.
    15p4ylf.jpg

35bworr.jpg

35k5vdw.jpg

We started out of the gate with some handgun fire, this was our first time out this year and it sounded like the 4th of july at first. No pics of that though since I was busy slingin lead. I was impressed at the end of the day that out of all the guns we shot, there was not a single malfunction.:yesway:
    34y71c8.jpg

14aae6p.jpg

My buddy mark.
    2nia1k6.jpg

Then we moved the target out a ways and had some fun from a bit farther out. (not sure how far)
    My girlfreind likes shooting her P226, but her favorite is the .22 I was not sure if she would like shooting the .308 or not. She has quite a few seasons under her belt now though and appreciates a bang more than she used to. I had a howa 1500 22-250 a couple years ago she shot a couple of times but never really got into shooting it. The .22 really helped her enjoy shooting long guns, I shoot clay alot and she is not a real fan of it.
    She took to the .308 real well though.
    We had a couple jars of tannerite with us and she hit hers on her first shot, (her second shot with the rifle).
    I just got this R700 .308 VTR with h-s precision stock, vortex scope and billet rings etc. I was very pleased with the rifle.
    As you can see I do not have a shooting mat yet, but the mexican blanket worked pretty darn good.:): A spotting scope would be nice too.
    wvznsh.jpg

ehem3o.jpg

25qw5za.jpg

All around just a nice relaxing day of shooting, what more could I ask for.
    (sorry about my blabbering, it does not play sound on the camera, but I guess it does on here) :):
    [ame]http://youtu.be/jDahG3QsUt4[/ame]

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    In my book... any day is a beautiful day to shoot.Looked like you guys were having a great time. Especially like to that you included your girlfriend in the sport. I personally like to see more women involved in the shooting sports. I know my wife is and she really enjoys shooting as well.:yesway::D

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Glad to see that you got out to sling some lead! Great pictures too.

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow, as long as its not raining.

Top Bottom