• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Today I came into possession of 2 Becker Knives, the Companion and the Tac-Tool

I have $80 worth of cash and items in both of the knives, did I do okay?

The Companion is a serrated model, which as far as I can tell is a military issue only kind of thing. Not sure if the scarcity adds any value?

I've never been much for fixed blades, but I'm kind of a collector. I'm sure my ESEE 4 is a better knife than the BK2, I'm thinking the Beckers are probably on par with the SOG Seal Pups.

Pictures tomorrow, assuming we are all alive and the internet is still functioning.

Anyone have any personal input on quality or value of Beckers?

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I don't really know how rad they are personally, but to the question of how you did on price, I think you did good based upon the Amazon prices:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-Becker-BK2-Campanion-Fixed/dp/B001N1DPDE]Amazon.com: Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Fixed Blade Knife: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-Becker-BK3-Fixed-Blade/dp/B001IPILMA]Amazon.com: Ka-Bar Becker BK3 Tac Tool Fixed Blade Knife: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'd say you done very good, Becker is a heck of a knife for the money. 1095 steel with a good heat treat, they will take a beating! Allot more than a SOG seal pup!:D

Becker has quite the following also, allot of Becker heads on bladeforums that swear by em!

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I wish Becker made a MOLLE sheath. I'd rip the Seal pup off my bag in a heartbeat to replace it with the BK2SG

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Beckers are definitely good knives for the money. They're another knife brand that *I* don't own, but know a couple people who do, and they swear by them.

Check out the Becker subforum on bladeforums.com if you really want in-depth discussion of Beckers.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    the bk2 is just too big for me... do you guys think i should sell/trade it for a nice (ish) machete? lets say it's worth $60? what should i look for?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Machetes are amazing tools. Everyone should have a few around the house. For 60 bucks check out condors line of machetes. Lots of options with sheaths for righ in that amount. The esee machete is right around there also.

Also a few companies like spec ops make a universal molle cudora sheath for around 30 bucks. I believe they will fit up to a 8 inch blade

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    update thread with pictures
    grease?
    20121223_173832.jpg

must have seen use from previous owner
    20121223_173817.jpg

Top Bottom