• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    How bad do you have to fail at life before you decided to sell your pride for a dollar or two?
    As Stschill stated, it's a business. If u drive South to 465 u have probably seen them. That is until CPD picks them up for panhandling. They don't use US421 and I465 on the Westbound exit ramp usually due to this being West Carmel.
    But, it's a business. Some may b legit, but the tax free money they receive that I work so hard for, I THINK NOT. I'll keep it and donate to a worthy cause. Let them go to a shelter, get help, find a job. I work to pay the bills and the govt. Why shouldn't they? Or go donate blood-it should be clean since u can't afford meth, right?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The news followed one woman back to her home after her day of begging. It was hilarious. They also found their signs stashed off the road in a copse of trees.

Abdul (of AM 1430 and ABC fame) did some panhandling downtown one day and made between $20 and $30 an hour.

I got yelled at by a fat begger becasue I told him to get off the sidewalk and shut-up.

All the worst ones come out of the woodwork whenever there is a home colts game. The better the weather, the more beggers you'll encounter.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Do you guys remember the news story about the guy (down on 37S) wearing utilities and pretending to be home on leave and needing money?

He was completely unapologetic and it made me really really really want to do something bad to him.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My ex would make a joke about borrowing his grandfather's wheelchair and set up somewhere with a sign saying he was a disabled Iraqi War Vet and needed help. The sad thing is the wheelchair would've been the only lie.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I've ran into a few while walking around Indy that used fecal matter and urine as props. I like making them do push ups for their alcohol money. In Chicago we use to make them tell jokes and if they were funny they'd get a couple bucks for booze. Doesn't matter if I keep it or give it to a homeless person, it is most likely being spent on booze so I might as well do a good deed sometimes.

So what do you ask the guy around Plymouth to do? :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That guy is only homeless because he likes living in storage sheds and saving his feces in ziplock bags. I avoid that guy. Don't mind the ones that are homeless because they're crazy or because everyone finally got sick of their BS and they're just trying to get their fix or booze for the day. I mean, we all can't be productive members of society...just look at how many people are employed by the government.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    There's a guy who hangs out at the WalMart in Plymouth always begging for money. Once his sign said he needed money to buy his dog some food. Feeling sorry for the dog, I bought a bag while shopping and handed it to him when I was leaving. He threw it at me, said a few choice words and went on to the next car.

I turned to him and said loudly, "Then I guess offering you a job is totally out of the question?"

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There's a guy who hangs out at the WalMart in Plymouth always begging for money. Once his sign said he needed money to buy his dog some food. Feeling sorry for the dog, I bought a bag while shopping and handed it to him when I was leaving. He threw it at me, said a few choice words and went on to the next car.

I turned to him and said loudly, "Then I guess offering you a job is totally out of the question?"

His parents have money and have given him a pretty decent allowance in the past. I'm not sure if they still do but he is living like he does because he chooses to. He simply doesn't want to work. He is basically a drunk that thinks he should live with wolves but since nobody will pay his way to go live with wolves, he just annoys people and gets arrested randomly for being drunk in public.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I saw some lady the other day begging with a sign that said "Homeless and need money." Then her boyfriend pulled out of a fast food joint in a nicer car and picked her up. It disgusted me.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I gave a Twinkie and an Oatmeal Cream Pie to a homeless guy on the exit from Cline to 15th in Hammond. He seemed to appreciate it. Totally different from the Chicago homeless who bug you for cash.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I give money to the guys that stand out in the road with their boots, usaully firemen. Then there is the obligatory ones like the Knights of Columbus. I know most of those guys and go to their shooting matches. I figure 5 dollars isn't to bad because they are giving up their saturday to help people plus I get a Tooties Roll.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I gave a Twinkie and an Oatmeal Cream Pie to a homeless guy on the exit from Cline to 15th in Hammond. He seemed to appreciate it. Totally different from the Chicago homeless who bug you for cash.

Seriously, who wouldn't appreciate a Twinkie and an Oatmeal Cream Pie? If they don't, they deserve to be beaten then run over.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    His parents have money and have given him a pretty decent allowance in the past. I'm not sure if they still do but he is living like he does because he chooses to. He simply doesn't want to work. He is basically a drunk that thinks he should live with wolves but since nobody will pay his way to go live with wolves, he just annoys people and gets arrested randomly for being drunk in public.

They cut him off.

Cemetary-man, He was in TSC a couple weeks ago buying dog food. Aparently you bought him the wrong kind. :D

Top Bottom