• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I picked one up yesterday at US Defense Solutions at County Line and SR37. It's my first shot gun and I'm pretty excited to go shoot it.

It's longer than I'd like for a HD gun but it should function well enough on the skeet/trap range and save me some $$ on ammo. My wife wants to get into trap as well but I need to pick up a 20g for that.

I also sold my 15-22 to an INGO member and we did the trade at a McD's. I showed off the rifle and he examined the tactical 22 in full view of other customers and no police showed up (at least while we were there). No one really seemed to care. :patriot:

Any advice for this particular shotgun? It seems to be in great shape and I paid $330+tax which I felt was a good deal.

jrclaxon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Marion
    You got a great deal. As for the 20g for trap, unless your wife is tiny do her a favor and get a 12g. My wife is 5'4" 120 pounds and shoots a Winchester model 12. Trap loads are mild and the extra shot you get will help her hit more targets :). If you have the opportunity like at Indiana Gun Club where you can test used shotguns, try both and I bet the difference in kick isn't that noticeable. Good luck, we shoot at Deer Creek in Grant County you can get the schedule from the website.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I picked one up yesterday at US Defense Solutions at County Line and SR37. It's my first shot gun and I'm pretty excited to go shoot it.

It's longer than I'd like for a HD gun but it should function well enough on the skeet/trap range and save me some $$ on ammo. My wife wants to get into trap as well but I need to pick up a 20g for that.

I also sold my 15-22 to an INGO member and we did the trade at a McD's. I showed off the rifle and he examined the tactical 22 in full view of other customers and no police showed up (at least while we were there). No one really seemed to care. :patriot:

Any advice for this particular shotgun? It seems to be in great shape and I paid $330+tax which I felt was a good deal.

Doc thanks for the support! Wish I could of met you that day, but darn if Florida wasn't calling my name......:banana:

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Great shotgun I'm personally looking for a 12 gauge field barrel for my supernvova. Just cant seem to justify 300.00 for a barrel and buy the gun for 400.00

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    great gun and a good deal!! some people don't like the looks of them, but mine (a regular Nova) has been flawless through thousands of rounds shooting informal trap with friends, as a backup gun on coyote trips, and just blasting away with buckshot for practice.
    I have the 28" version, which is long for SD like you said. Do you have the 26" or 28" barrel?
    THe only complaint I have about Benelli is the price of replacement barrels -- you're better off just buying a second gun for HD/SD.
    On the positive side, a long barrel is great for tracking and following through on moving targets!!! Also, mine is very comfortable and i LOVE where the pump/grip is, since I hold a little further back than some and other guns make me feel like I'm "reaching" for the forearm/grip

Top Bottom