• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    So...Beretta USA has a section on their web page called "Old Parts". Well...low and behold a NOS 92G Brig slide (complete) pops up for sale. (For those of you who don't know, a 92G Brig slide is like the holy grail of Beretta parts :laugh:) Anyway the price was super sweet and I was blessed enough to be able to pick one up.

I threw it on an M9A1 frame and thus have a M9A1 92G-SD. This is practically as hard core Beretta as you can get. Railed frame with extra checkering on the grip + the decocker only slide = win...

Here's a pic or two...One of the best aspects of Beretta in my opinion, is that they are completely customizable. From grips to barrels to mag releases, the sky is literally the limit.

I've not been able to get 'er to the range yet but first chance I get...

5601670152_9079d51961_b.jpg

5601085739_98f20a2586_b.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just went to their website, it is now marked out of stock. In the nicest way I know how, as a Beretta 92 nut, I hate you!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Nice Franken92! As a heads up, I just bought a full size 92 Inox barrel from Brownell's if you want to go full length in that beauty.

Bet it took more than a few minutes to dimple those grips!!!

My Franken92 with the barrel from Brownell's:
    picture.php

There are parts from at least 7 donors, plus new parts from Beretta, a couple off Ebay, and the M9 slide found on Gunbroker.

Beretta 92s rock!!!

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Just went to their website, it is now marked out of stock. In the nicest way I know how, as a Beretta 92 nut, I hate you!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Nice Franken92! As a heads up, I just bought a full size 92 Inox barrel from Brownell's if you want to go full length in that beauty.

Bet it took more than a few minutes to dimple those grips!!!

My Franken92 with the barrel from Brownell's:
    picture.php

There are parts from at least 7 donors, plus new parts from Beretta, a couple off Ebay, and the M9 slide found on Gunbroker.

Beretta 92s rock!!!

LOL! Yeah, I got to know my soldering iron pretty well. I think the stippled grips have the best "purchase" of any aftermarket Beretta grips out there.

92's DO rock!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    indykid is to his Beretta's as I am to my Glocks, wanna see his "WARFACE", dry fire one of his 92's to check trigger pull without a snap cap in place:dunno:, ask me how I know.:patriot:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Steel Core, I do not understand your comment on trigger pull/snap cap. We dry fired Berettas all the time in training sessions. Never heard of a problem. can you shed some light?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Steel Core, I do not understand your comment on trigger pull/snap cap. We dry fired Berettas all the time in training sessions. Never heard of a problem. can you shed some light?

Very simply, Beretta in their 92 owners manual states that you should not dry fire the weapon. I have known more than a couple of people who bragged about being able to dry fire any centerfire weapon, and then ask how hard it is to replace the firing pin on their non-functional Beretta. It might have to do with the design of the two piece firing pin.

While some manufacturers say it is ok to dry fire their weapons, Beretta says it is not ok, and since their R&D is better than my R&D I believe them.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Great looking gun. You pretty much have customized 92 G-SD, roughly a $1000 gun (not many were made). That 4.7in inox barrel, mag release and grips set it off.

You are right about being able to "build your own"

c26b87c6.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

1b88873b.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane