jetfire.jpg

Last edited:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I used to have 2 Jetfires, one in .22, one in .25. Nice little pieces. I read that they are somewhat popular with people with arthritis because of the pop-up barrel negating the need to rack the slide.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I used to carry a 950 when I went to nasty places for Uncle Sammy. I kept it tucked into my boots in my duffel when going through airport security. Coming back to the States, I just broke it down into 2 pieces and mailed them to my P.O. box. That gun was really comforting in some shady places. We wore civvies and no weapons when we went into populated areas. Of course, this was back in the pre-9/11 days when they didn't strip search you at the airports!

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I remember reading an article on a kidnapping and murder in North Carolina where a female college student was kidnapped. After being forced to remove cash from an ATM, she was taken to a secluded area and shot 7 times with a .25 caliber and survived. The locations of the shots wasn't in the article. After surviving these wounds she was killed with a shotgun.

I have a Jetfire 950, .25 caliber that I like very much, but have doubts about its stopping capability. It is an extremely easy weapon to conceal and shoots accurately for me.

If you remember seeing this article, this is the young lady who prayed with her killers before they murdered her.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I used to have 2 Jetfires, one in .22, one in .25. Nice little pieces. I read that they are somewhat popular with people with arthritis because of the pop-up barrel negating the need to rack the slide.

Taurus makes a PT-22 and a PT-25 that are similar. Tip-up barrel sub-compact semi-auto.

Decent pieces; a bit ammo picky, (the one I got,) and liked to be kept clean, but otherwise good. Might be better in .25; the one we have was in .22.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I have been looking at a 21A, tha "newer" version of this pistol ... IIRC.

21A isn't really "newer"....it's slightly larger and it can be fired double action. The Jetfire's are single action only, like a cocked and locked 1911.
    But the 21's are great guns! I have one of them also, in .22 LR caliber.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    ...why is no one laughing at the article, its hilarious. :)

I feel like the awkward guy who can't stop laughing when no one else thought it was that funny.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    ...why is no one laughing at the article, its hilarious. :)

I feel like the awkward guy who can't stop laughing when no one else thought it was that funny.

I though it was funny, but I admit that my first thought was "Why didn't she shoot him right back? And center-mass, too."

I mean, even with a 45gr FMJ in the patella, I can probably outrun a dead guy. :D

(*pushes taped glasses up nose* Obligatory Gun Nerd Correction: The guy refers to his Beretta Jetfire in .22 Short. The Jetfire was the model in .25ACP; the same gun in .22 Short is called the Minx.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom