• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    My Neighbor has one. I've shot it a few times....never had a failure to feed. Fire or eject that I'm aware of.
    Hes got a lite Or laser (I forget)on it and has issues finding a leather holster for it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had one briefly. Really liked the way it looked and felt in my hand, but really hated the mile-long trigger pull. First time I shot it (out in the woods, nobody around, not at a range), I actually thought it malfunctioned. As I was raising it up to see what happened my finger must have moved just enough to make it fire. That was enough for me.

But I had a Beretta 92 that was the same way, so maybe it's just a Beretta thing? Got rid of it for the same reason, but I think that's just a personal preference thing. I have a little .32 Beretta 81 and I actually like the trigger on it. Not nearly as long a pull.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I just picked up a used Compact and put 300 rounds through it yesterday with no issues. I played with a Compact Carry at the store but I didn't think the difference in the trigger was worth paying almost 800. I figure if I like it enough to upgrade the trigger I can buy a kit from LTT later and still be several hundred a ahead.

I have not purchased a holster specifically for it yet. I've just used a Sticky holster that I already had on hand so far. I'll probably order a Garrett OWB for it.

bc77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    I can see tall buildings!
    I had one briefly. Really liked the way it looked and felt in my hand, but really hated the mile-long trigger pull. First time I shot it (out in the woods, nobody around, not at a range), I actually thought it malfunctioned. As I was raising it up to see what happened my finger must have moved just enough to make it fire. That was enough for me.

But I had a Beretta 92 that was the same way, so maybe it's just a Beretta thing? Got rid of it for the same reason, but I think that's just a personal preference thing. I have a little .32 Beretta 81 and I actually like the trigger on it. Not nearly as long a pull.
    Thank you for the input! I have a 92 series as well, but I'm looking for something smaller. A work in progress for sure, but I'm still not used to that first long pull myself. BUT...the accuracy I have with it over strikers is weird. I'd like to stay in the Beretta family if possible, but certainly willing to checkout other manufacturers. I was curious about that rotating barrel design.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central

Ive been curious about these as well...I'm very intrigued by the rotating barrel design, and I like DA/SA guns, so I thought I might like these. If you shop around, they seem like a pretty decent deal for a reliable gun from a reputable manufacturer, especially on the used market. I'd need a G model, though, as I'm not a fan of the manual safety, especially the way Beretta does it.

I've handled a couple in shops, but never had a chance to actually shoot one, or even dry fire. Your observations about the trigger are concerning. I love my 92, but hate that stupid long pull to the trigger break. Even with the LTT enhanced trigger bar, (which does amazing things for the reset), the initial pull is just about twice as long as is natural for me, and breaks so far back that I have to contort my hand to get it there. If the PX4 is the same way, then it's a pass for me, which is a bummer because they seem like really interesting guns.

bc77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    I can see tall buildings!
    Ive been curious about these as well...I'm very intrigued by the rotating barrel design, and I like DA/SA guns, so I thought I might like these. If you shop around, they seem like a pretty decent deal for a reliable gun from a reputable manufacturer, especially on the used market. I'd need a G model, though, as I'm not a fan of the manual safety, especially the way Beretta does it.

I've handled a couple in shops, but never had a chance to actually shoot one, or even dry fire. Your observations about the trigger are concerning. I love my 92, but hate that stupid long pull to the trigger break. Even with the LTT enhanced trigger bar, (which does amazing things for the reset), the initial pull is just about twice as long as is natural for me, and breaks so far back that I have to contort my hand to get it there. If the PX4 is the same way, then it's a pass for me, which is a bummer because they seem like really interesting guns.
    I was at a nearby indoor range about a month ago and was really hoping they had one to rent so I could get my hands on it and see for myself. Sadly, they didn't have one. It's not an investment I'm willing to make either without shooting one first. Even if it's been used and abused as rental, that's better than hoping for the best after splurging, especially at that price point! And I'm a Beretta fan. I'm not giving up on it just yet!

mr_kravmaga

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 31, 2021
    Trafalgar
    I'm strongly considering purchasing this model. Anyone out there had/have reliability issues with this model? Or anything else you really don't like after having one, carrying one or shooting one?
    I just bought one yesterday for $850 out the door in 9mm. I love it. Everyone has a glock or a P365 or whatever. I just like something different than everyone else. This thing is nice. Its not cheap but I dont care. I like it. I also like the 40 S&W so I guess I'm just chopped meat. If you have any questions let me know. It comes with 3 mags, night sights, Talon grips, and a smoothed out trigger. Plus it looks bad ass and feels good in the hand. It's a panty dropper.

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Plus it looks bad ass

I don't mind the looks myself, but apparently beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I was in a Bass Pro last month and they had one in stock. I'd never actually handled on before, so I asked to hold it, and while I was checking it out, I asked the counter guy if he had any experience with them. His response: "No, those things are ugly!"

He's gonna starve if he gets paid off commission! :lmfao:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I was at a nearby indoor range about a month ago and was really hoping they had one to rent so I could get my hands on it and see for myself. Sadly, they didn't have one. It's not an investment I'm willing to make either without shooting one first. Even if it's been used and abused as rental, that's better than hoping for the best after splurging, especially at that price point! And I'm a Beretta fan. I'm not giving up on it just yet!
    Where do you live?
    I've got a PX4 full-size if you want to meet up at a range and shoot it?

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    IMHO a PX4 Storm Compact Carry with a trigger job in a bad is a great gun. True it looks unorthodox. But shooting it you realize it is a thing of beauty. Same thing with the Beretta APX. I overlooked it but if you shoot it you realize it is a great gun.

Top Bottom