• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Anyone owned one. I'm looking for a decent smaller 9mm for summertime concealed carry without spending big bucks. Did some research and found one that can be had for $415.

Anyone on the board owned one? If so, any problems?

Thor20003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I would not hesitate to recommend the ultra compact 9mm. I wear mine every day in an iwb holster at 3 o'clock position very comfortably.

$415 is a little high but considering the recent price increases, it is not gouging. Every now and then you can find one for less in an auction. I would also recommend the UC40 also. The are both excellent shooters.

I think a recent shipment just came into the importer. Check Buds gun shop or gun genie for some pricing comparisons.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Love mine. Fun to shoot, economical, easy to clean, accurate..

Only reason I changed to an XD9 for my EDC was that I wanted to get away from the manual safety..

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

My girlfriend has the full size Bersa 9 with a rail laser as her nightstand gun. It's been 100% reliable at the range and I sure wouldn't want to walk in on it . . .

hick185

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    i was just wondering if there is any break in procedures to follow. i know that over on glock talk they tell people to stay away from winchester white box and use a better quality ammo until the gun is broken in then they can use whatever ammo they want. i just don't want to get one and load up on a type of ammo only to find it doesn't run well and have to go buy a different type for break in.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Bersa 9UC, 45UC and until recently, a 9HC as well. They are great guns and are both accurate and reliable. The only issue I've ever had with mine is when both my niece and wife shot it, it had a couple of instances of the slide locking back even though there were rounds in the mag. It has only happened to those two shooters though. Between me and my two sons, we've put close to a thousand trouble free rounds through it. I've even tried to replicate the problem by intentionally limp wristing it, but I cannot get it to happen when I shoot it.

It's hands down, the easiest gun I've ever had to take down for cleaning. Just rotate the take down lever and the slide comes right off the front. There's no reason to not strip and clean after a range trip. It's more work to try to pull a boresnake through it without taking it down.

If you are buying a new one, check to see if it has a dovetail front sight. That is a change that they made in production about a year ago. The dovetailed front and rear sights are standard Sig sights, so it's easy to swap night sights in if you want to. Before that, they were staked in and a pain to replace sights on.

For a lot more info, check out Bersa Chat Forum - The Front Page.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    i was just wondering if there is any break in procedures to follow. i know that over on glock talk they tell people to stay away from winchester white box and use a better quality ammo until the gun is broken in then they can use whatever ammo they want. i just don't want to get one and load up on a type of ammo only to find it doesn't run well and have to go buy a different type for break in.

I have not had to do much, if any, break in on any of the Bersa's I have. They are generally good to go right out of the box.

Thor20003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Also, the newer models have the tac rail. If you are not interested in that, the older models are a little sleeker and a bit thinner in the front. I have never heard of any break in being required. On the one that was having the slide lock back, might check the hand position to make sure they were not accidentally bumping it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    One important note..

Bersa's ship coated inside with a packing grease. Make sure you clean it well before shooting the first time..

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    ^^Good tip

I have the Thunder 9uc Pro and love it! I've never had any issues and it's fun to shoot at the range. The 17rd HC mags work with the UCs too. I broke mine in with UMC ammo with no issues. It shoots everything I feed it.

Top Bottom